• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson CS limited edition Rusty Anderson Les Paul

Arch D. Bunker

This would seem rare, with only 75 claimed to have been built - plus this one was owned by Rusty.. :hmm

Your comments, please....do look at the paperwork too.

https://reverb.com/item/33425703-gi...ted-edition-for-rusty-anderson-2005-bleu-nuit

cnnkbo6n4kzfpcr6vd4c.jpg

El Gringo

I love the color and the figure and think she is a beauty . I am racking my brain trying to remember when they came to my part of the woods if Rusty was sporting this beauty and I almost want to say yes , but not under oath . I have to tell you they were sporting some of the nicest Gibson's , so that was a cool part of the show including Sir Paul's Vintage Left handed Burst !

El Gringo

I wonder if the price tag reflects the pedigree of the owner ?

Arch D. Bunker

I wonder if the price tag reflects the pedigree of the owner ?

An update is in order I guess - the reverb listing was pulled. After having confronted the (French) seller with a number of 'inconsistencies' he drew the conclusion that he has been duped by the previous seller - his guitar teacher of all people, and delisted the guitar.

No folks, there never was a Rusty Anderson LE Les Paul , let alone 75 of those (or I will eat my hat). Even funnier than that is the 'paperwork' on the photos - did you see that?

- UK guitar shop listing on its sales invoice to Mr Anderson that the guitar is "spécial" for Rusty - only a French speaker would mistakingly write this
- similarity of Brauer's and UK invoices' setup with columns 'description', 'amount', 'price per unit', 'price'
- fake Gibson limited edition certificate, based on a real Gibson acoustic guitar certificate with a number of words deleted and then copied, and, the best one of them all:
- Andy Brauer doing repairs in LA and billing the customer in euro currency :##

Oh boy..

El Gringo

An update is in order I guess - the reverb listing was pulled. After having confronted the (French) seller with a number of 'inconsistencies' he drew the conclusion when that he has been duped by the previous seller - his guitar teacher of all people, and delisted the guitar.

No folks, there never was a Rusty Anderson LE Les Paul , let alone 75 of those (or I will eat my hat). Even funnier than that is the 'paperwork' on the photos - did you see that?

- UK guitar shop listing on its sales invoice to Mr Anderson that the guitar is "spécial" for Rusty - only a French speaker would mistakingly write this
- similarity of Brauer's and UK invoices' setup with columns 'description', 'amount', 'price per unit', 'price'
- fake Gibson limited edition certificate, based on a real Gibson acoustic guitar certificate with a number of words deleted and then copied, and, the best one of them all:
- Andy Brauer doing repairs in LA and billing the customer in euro currency :##

Oh boy..

That's just to much monkey business going on with the over inflating the price like by double or almost double . I really didn't know what to make of the paper work ? Now the icing on the cake being wanting Euro currency . That is just adding insult to injury .

herb

Not my cup of tea. Guess I'm more of a traditionalist.

Really liked the RA 335s Gibson made a few years back. Would have bought the one I tried but already owned a great 335. I credit myself for my financial sensibilities (for once in my life, at least! :hee)

Satpal

Why would RA buy his own signature model from a UK store anyway?? ..very dodgy..

Tim Plains

Fake backstory aside, I think it looks like shit. Quilt tops are ugly, I hate black (kind of looks dark purple but still) guitars with brown boards, put the two together and I'm bound to be outraged.