• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Suggestions for an onboard active preamp/boost/EQ?

Jennings

I'm thinking of building an onboard active preamp into a project Jaguar style guitar of mine...maybe a two knob kind of thing: one for boost volume and the other for tone or bass/treble EQ boost with a centre detent. I can pop that where the upper bout controls are currently. Anyone got any suggestions or experience of things that have worked for them?

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking of building an onboard active preamp into a project Jaguar style guitar of mine...maybe a two knob kind of thing: one for boost volume and the other for tone or bass/treble EQ boost with a centre detent. I can pop that where the upper bout controls are currently. Anyone got any suggestions or experience of things that have worked for them?

My suggestion is, don't bother... Seriously! :salude

Jennings

My suggestion is, don't bother... Seriously! :salude

That’s a good suggestion! I actually like the idea of keeping true to the original design...so was curious to see what other real-world players were doing or not doing.

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a good suggestion! I actually like the idea of keeping true to the original design...so was curious to see what other real-world players were doing or not doing.

I just never saw any benefit. Anything you can do with an onboard anything, you can do another way...

But hey... Sometimes it's good to try stuff and see if it works for you... :salude