• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Skin Tags

troyad

I had one once when I was in my 20s. I used scissors, never came back.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
The reverse works as well -- I always ask my doctor about her opinion of the historic role the iconic 1959 Les Paul played in rock music whenever I stop in for an appointment.
smiley_emoticon.gif

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Tying them off with dental floss works, too, w/little or no bleeding

Toecutter

The size of the skin tag will determine the removal method. If its a tiny one with a small stalk, a doctor can remove it with scissors or even tweezers and then apply a band-aid. Larger ones can require removal with a scalpel and possibly a few stitches to close the wound. Ask me how I know...

In either case its not a big deal and can be done in a doctor's office.

zoommutt

The next time you see your family doctor, ask him/her to freeze them off.

I used to have them taken off by freezing. I have been going to this medical building for 20 years.2 miles from my house. The last two doctors there won’t do it anymore. They send me to another doctor who will cut them off. Getting the area numb hurts worse then the freeze. Extra payment is fun too. I bought this device that puts a little rubber band on it. Looks like a little piece of meat with a clear turtleneck. I thought you guys would have a natural remedy that your grandmother might have told you. Like tobacco and spit with wolverine piss. With the floss,is that regular or glide floss?
Do you tie it around ,or sneak up behind the tag and garrote it? Thanks

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Any kind of floss will work I suppose. Depending on the location, you might need a extra set of hands. I just give it a double knot & they fall off in about a week.
Another remedy my wife swears by, apple cider vinegar. She applies a cotton ball to the affected area with some athletic tape & saturates it. It is supposed to make them disappear but I cannot attest to that

zoommutt

I have heard of the apple cider vinegar remedy. Because of the smell, this would be a good time with social distancing to try it. My family might think otherwise.