• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2005 Gibson Flying V - Limited Run w/ Maestro Vibrola

RockDude4492

Hey all,

Long time lurker here, new member. I just ordered a Flying V on Reverb from 2005 that has a factory-installed Maestro Vibrola on it. There's definitely no holes for a stopbar tailpiece and the seller (a guitar store in AZ) says it is completely stock, which I have no reason to doubt. I've always wanted a V with short-tail vibrola so I jumped on it but so far my digging has revealed very little other than the fact there were limited USA Flying V runs in 2005 and 2009 that had these factory installed. Does anyone know more about these runs? Were they just run-of-the-mill Flying Vs with the maestro tailpiece installed or was anything else different about it? I'm reasonably sure this isn't custom shop historic '67 model given the "made in the USA" stamp on the headstock.

Any info regarding this would be great. Thanks!

rfbsoujn8cheflspbfei.jpg

wmachine

Nice! Sorry, I can't help you. I'm just along for the ride. I have a 2015. It is everything I could want EXCEPT I want to add a vibrola. I think....

RockDude4492

Nice! Sorry, I can't help you. I'm just along for the ride. I have a 2015. It is everything I could want EXCEPT I want to add a vibrola. I think....

No problem, just hoping to uncover some info here. Which 2015 do you have? I previously had one of the Japan-only 70's-esque models with the short headstock and 57 classics, which I was still kicking myself about selling and how I ended up purchasing this one. In any case those are nice, sort of like a USA reissue of the medallion V's.

wmachine

No problem, just hoping to uncover some info here. Which 2015 do you have? I previously had one of the Japan-only 70's-esque models with the short headstock and 57 classics, which I was still kicking myself about selling and how I ended up purchasing this one. In any case those are nice, sort of like a USA reissue of the medallion V's.

That's exactly what I have. I thought I was going to want to replace the '57, but I'm surprised how good they are in the V. They're staying put. I continue to be surprised at how different the '57s sound in different guitars. None bad, some outstanding.

Kg1jBcEALJ2Jgh2RLuLCp8LNkcdCvItVFe4QXUEad-jiBSzfiLRXG49_GZahihMUyFxr9rX2prysIoBBsQt3VYEPFCjJlYnutKnPUgA8Nx0b_E5V5I5I52-mQkmoXUyXP_3fIurSjQKl8ohR4Ip5duY5gJor8sIkumR129YXx2RRfJLTvIwDvIljrX5gdOAK3fIM_N5sw7DYqGFhHloi60CXfkc62XQrLe7mvcFAQ5DXZltuLOCbILpxhnSHS92QcbhpDsDdA_L4zQksSoLCyYMOH9dOMac_BN5IsHRiygv6CixZwewbZ9POHZh2QFoYa5hxbTfxsmcF_JHy8bRk3ugPRwS3sh6ATHx07CGvSE8ZIKyOYgP02xLHJMbtHs7XcgbCBIpsIhGGbFDL4BQPXJrKvUYYJh2NUV-e5NaRO3lbGgzOu8eWMEgltjV-j59B6t6u9IrT03z_URfMyC8XGii5BROjkhFMjAyxgRBPKGVRqTy3jnvkN5nckh20fcy9DFHsEuzPq7Qmric7gY_SHBRUstj1elDMTTa_g-dVncKki3w-V64BwCcpvZuS3j_Dq_D4Hxz1sxW6f8M0e1pSvYJgme1xqAS6_Wv34t1m_TulSkpKRPSfFj4-tx__sy6hr0BCgx-bHN34IpnvZZfxse9-lb-tqBBwHrfXC6XRtVhsJRogxHGm_m_zgfghO51hImCU7PDYfvee699aBAgIiAiciULsUfZ5FENAwo8_gVLvfO33o8h-8A=s903-no