• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Rec pup repair early 60's mini buckers?

TM1

+1 for ThroBak! Jon has rewound and repaired a few pickups for me since 2008. I have three very old Gibson BR-9 Lapsteels From the late 1940’s. A couple of the bobbins were made using the celluloid faux Tortoise Shell material. Well, sadly that stuff off-gasses and destroys the enamel coating on the wire which ruins the working aspects of the pickup😳. On one of them he was able to clean the goop off of it, but on another he had to make a new bobbin. The bobbins on the Lapsteels’ is slightly bigger than your normal P-90 and it doesn’t have pole screws, but has steel rods(but uses the bar magnets as well).
Point is, Jon/ThroBak does excellent repair work! My P-90-ish Lapsteels pickups were rewound on the same machine that they were originally wound with..