• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Phil X on "Highway Star"

viper007

But what's he playing, some sort of heavily modded CS '64 SG...

Enjoy, at least i did :dude:

darkwave

His exuberance is just ridiculous (a good thing)! Funny thing is - after seeing him rip through the keyboard solo the part that made me laugh out loud was the artificial harmonic slaps. Not as technical as the rest, but unexpected and cool. Yanking the string at the nut at the end was kinda the same.

Damn - he *lived* that song.

-Douglas C.

Cliff Gress

He kinda looks like Ian Gillan back in the Day. Love Phil X's enthusiasm.

El Gringo

Thanks for posting , this was awesome and Phil X is a favorite of mine and he is a master of the fretboard !

corpse

But he didn't play ANY of the drum parts.
Right?
Fellas?

brandtkronholm

It looks like there's nothing in the neck pickup pocket. The bridge pickup is his signature (single coil?) pickup.

Yeah, well...there ya go. That has to be the mightiest guitar + vocal flex I've seen in the past year or three...

Even his cellphone chops are off the charts:

By the way, the cellphone app that Phil X used is called "Bebot" and it's good fun! I've had it for years and it never gets old - it's absolutely worth it.

Last edited:

El Gringo

Wow, Phil X and the Drills , absolutely rocked Whole Lotta love . Seriously awesome guitar and vocals from Phil X who is one of my favorites and probably one of the best to sling a guitar in the last 10 years or so . Mighty Thanks for posting as that was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. did Phil X get the Theremin sounds from his I phone ?

brandtkronholm

Wow, Phil X and the Drills , absolutely rocked Whole Lotta love . Seriously awesome guitar and vocals from Phil X who is one of my favorites and probably one of the best to sling a guitar in the last 10 years or so . Mighty Thanks for posting as that was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. did Phil X get the Theremin sounds from his I phone ?

Indeed they come from his cellphone.

Even his cellphone chops are off the charts: ...

By the way, the cellphone app that Phil X used is called "Bebot" and it's good fun! I've had it for years and it never gets old - it's absolutely worth it.

:salude