• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Show Us Your Stuff Thread

brandtkronholm

C7hmvdf.jpg

More info, please.
What model Les Paul is this?
What year?
Has it been modified in a special way?
It looks great!

Dave P

Some really nice setups here! Mine looks like someone backed up a dump truck to the front door and unloaded. LOL

RhinestoneStrat

The Internet can be a very ambiguous place, and often it's necessary to guess the intentions of other people. But there's no need to read any negativity into my post -- I was and am genuinely curious about the background of the guitars you posted. And who is holding the black Les Paul and sitting on a Fender amp?

Oh I see now...I guess I read your post wrong.:eek:la The lovely lady holding the black Les Paul is my belated wife Mary-Grace who is in a better place now. She passed away from cancer in 2015. My sister-in-law has the guitars now. She looked after my wife when she was getting treatment. We have her ashes. She will always be remembered.

As for the other guitars the white one is a Godin Belmont w/ Seymour Duncan pickups. The wood looking guitar with the racing stripes is a 1979 El Degas Studio made in Japan. I also have a black Yamaha RGX Custom, some Squier Strats and my '98 American Standard bedazzled with rhinestones.:)

RhinestoneStrat

More info, please.
What model Les Paul is this?
What year?
Has it been modified in a special way?
It looks great!

Hello & thanks.:eek:la It is actually a 2006 Epiphone LP Standard that was a great pawn shop find. The stock pick ups are excellent and are Epi's Alnico Classic humbuckers. The guitar is stock in the photo but since then I did a pick up swap with my Gibson SG Special and now the SG has the Epi pick ups and the Epi LP has now genuine Gibson 490R & 490T pick ups that sound killer in this guitar since it has 500kohm pots that really let the sound out. I also replaced the original nut with a GraphTech nut with a wider string spacing and it feels great. I love the neck profile which is a slim-taper D. The finish quality is excellent on this guitar and it also came with Jim Dunlop strap locks.

brandtkronholm

Hello & thanks.:eek:la It is actually a 2006 Epiphone LP Standard that was a great pawn shop find. The stock pick ups are excellent and are Epi's Alnico Classic humbuckers. The guitar is stock in the photo but since then I did a pick up swap with my Gibson SG Special and now the SG has the Epi pick ups and the Epi LP has now genuine Gibson 490R & 490T pick ups that sound killer in this guitar since it has 500kohm pots that really let the sound out. I also replaced the original nut with a GraphTech nut with a wider string spacing and it feels great. I love the neck profile which is a slim-taper D. The finish quality is excellent on this guitar and it also came with Jim Dunlop strap locks.

Awesome! It sounds like a real player! Adding the 500K pots must have made a big difference. Black Les Pauls are always cool! :yah

RhinestoneStrat

Awesome! It sounds like a real player! Adding the 500K pots must have made a big difference. Black Les Pauls are always cool! :yah

The 500k pots sure do make a difference. They really let the sound out and it makes the guitar sound like pure Les Paul tone. It is full throttle with this guitar. I wish Gibson would use 500k ohm pots instead of the standard 350k ohm pots.:jim

Brian Krashpad

I was thinking we could start a music room photo thread :peace2. I'm sure there are some great collections out there!

Hmm. Alas, I have no music room, at least not anything like the ones in this thread! My "music room" is the garage, which does stay set up for band practices. However, since there's no A/C out there, the guitars have to be kept in the house, separately. Mainly under beds and couches, haha.

45739038994_a4204b7445_b.jpg

26252963980_d25c618ca6_z.jpg

91398047_10158092942198879_4159375182760247296_n.jpg

49048821246_0e64fde898_b.jpg

Here are the amps, set up in the driveway just outside. The 100W Marshall MOS-FET 2x12 in the center of the back row has been replaced by a slightly smaller Marshall DSL40C.

49716887657_a697e0242c_b.jpg

Same shot but with guitars and basses.

49713309211_a99e35b79a_b.jpg

A compliation/collage showing the guitars a bit better.

32085899847_e5bb867305_b.jpg

Mantrasky

My Favorite guitar over the years would be my Charvel SC by far the best "sounding & playing".............
Uy5Jg2H.jpg

Evilgenius

Hi LPers.

My first post here and I thought I'd show you what I do as an artist...... because it's my TobaccoBurst Les Paul Studio:
/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/IMG_4811-scaled.jpg

/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/IMG_4797-scaled.jpg

/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/IMG_4828-scaled.jpg

It's a 2008 Alpine White Studio that I stripped of all hardware. I created the design, a trio of variegated gold and silver quad-point stars rotating up and off the surface at the bridge, overlaying a variegated gold background.

Application of the gilding was done by my long-time friend, Geo, at GildAxe.com and the TobaccoBurst finishing, which knocked this out of the park, was done by Pat Wilkins in SoCal.

All hardware was hand selected: Matched Bare Knuckle Steve Stevens Rebel Yell pickups - one with their Ray Gun art and the other with their script logo, AllParts gold pickup surrounds, Gibson bridge, tailpiece, and tuners, Switchcraft 3-way toggle, and JP wiring with 2-P/P 500K pots.

I'm using 10-46 D'Adarrio NYXL strings which give a nice brightness with the pups.

Part of the reason I'm posting is I LOVE this guitar; it sounds fantastic.

The other reason is that I am doing gilding both with them and on my own as a hobby and am looking for anyone who'd like to give it a go. I've got designs available but I REALLY work with you to discover what suits you and your personality.

PM me sometime if interested. I'd love to at least talk with ya!

AJ - The Evil Genius... Me