• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

A Creedence Clearwater Reivival song.

Redhod

I wonder if that's the same Custom I saw him rip it up on in 1970?
Heck, is the same blue flannel shirt?

The plaintiveness of the song struck me again, knowing what he's been through in the years since that early success. The estrangement and then death of his brother Tom, the behavior of the other two guys in the band. After all that, it's provoking to hear him singing a song from his scuffling days.

Tarcisioo

That looks to be his 1968 LP Custom, he seems very fond of those guitars

workinon

I just love this band. These guys are incredibly talented. I've always dreamed of going to their concert, but it hasn't worked out yet. I hope it will be possible soon. Damn it, this is one of my most cherished dreams.
I didn't have the opportunity before, but now, no one has such an opportunity because of the coronavirus. So I'm tired of it, but okay...
I downloaded all the songs of this band on whatisthatsong.net. This is the only platform where I could find all their songs.
Even many paid apps like Spotify don't have their music. It's very strange.

Last edited:

ourmaninthenorth

One of the greatest gigs I've ever been to, dancing in the aisles with me Missus to this superlative musician remains a really enduring memory. What a geezer he is.

Following on from the OP's video, here's a similar one.

Andy56

CCR was so popular in my country Argentina begining the '70s, most of my generation grew up listening CCR and enjoying with their tunes, great to see John Fogerty so well sorrounded and doing music.
Thanks for posting!!!
Andy