• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Custom , Nashville Tn. Status during Shutdown

El Gringo

Ah yes but the R0 does not a range of guitars make.
Good that they're available and it'll be good to see all the rest of them appear eventually.
And one or two R9s also.

I have seen 2020 R9's as well with the newer specs from the previous 60th anniversary in the same/usual shops also .

El Gringo

now that I am remembering there are new Gibson Custom Flying V's , 1968 reissues . New 2020 Gibson Custom offerings are out there . Don't believe me just do a little search and they will appear , and they look oh so good and I want all of them !

goldtop0

moving right along......I spoke with the shop yesterday. neck is finally finished, glued on and shaped.
Final sanding, then paint hopefully finished by the week's end.
Man this is killing me. My '18 M2M CS-336 P90 took under 3 1/2 months from order to in-hand. My '18 57 Goldtop M2M took right around 4 months.
So far I'm at 7 months with my 60th '60. But considering the shutdown (2 times), it'll end up being around 4 1/2, so I can't complain

That's good news.
CS have yet to reply back to the store about the neck for my possible M2M..........may be a while yet.

Cliff Gress

now that I am remembering there are new Gibson Custom Flying V's , 1968 reissues . New 2020 Gibson Custom offerings are out there . Don't believe me just do a little search and they will appear , and they look oh so good and I want all of them !

I want a Firebird 1 so bad.

goldtop0

I have seen 2020 R9's as well with the newer specs from the previous 60th anniversary in the same/usual shops also .

I spotted a '20 '59 335 in Japan a couple of days ago on the net........didn't have the same vibrant sunburst finish as the ones on the NAMM vids unfortunately.

clapton101

Gibson finally got back with my dealer 3 weeks ago now, said that mine was the next in line and that they may have product to send in a week or two from that time. Said they were moving orders to a new system the next day that’s tracks orders better and after that they would have an even better idea of ship date. Called last week and they said it was still transferring all customer info into the new system. So I guess who really knows.?

axeman565758

Gibson finally got back with my dealer 3 weeks ago now, said that mine was the next in line and that they may have product to send in a week or two from that time. Said they were moving orders to a new system the next day that’s tracks orders better and after that they would have an even better idea of ship date. Called last week and they said it was still transferring all customer info into the new system. So I guess who really knows.?

this is true...last week they were doing system upgrades/installs.

Oh, and I have a neck now too........

sheesh having a problem loading a photo....

Last edited:

goldtop0

this is true...last week they were doing system upgrades/installs.

Oh, and I have a neck now too........

sheesh having a problem loading a photo....

Yep.......would like to see the pic when you can:2cool

goldtop0

Now Gibson dealer line is back to going straight to voice mail. ��

It tells you that they're pretty much snowed under.
Words for the day are........be patient.
My dealer put my M2M 335 order in with CS the other week and I don't expect to see that for 5-6 months or so at best, and if there's another lockdown in Tennessee....... longer than that.

Last edited:

clapton101

It tells you that they're pretty much snowed under.
Words for the day are........be patient.
My dealer put my M2M 335 order in with CS the other week and I don't expect to see that for 5-6 months or so at best, and if there's another lockdown in Tennessee....... longer than that.

Oh I get that totally, my problem is that little over 4 weeks ago they finally said it was next in line, and that product could be sent out in the next week or two from then. And now no answer. 😞

El Gringo

Oh I get that totally, my problem is that little over 4 weeks ago they finally said it was next in line, and that product could be sent out in the next week or two from then. And now no answer. 😞

Art takes time . I was told this in person by a highly respected and highly regarded member of Gibson Custom in regards to someone who was bothering them about his order and the response that was told to the pain in the neck was " we are waiting for the tree to grow your wood " TRUE STORY ! Waiting sucks , but the anticipation will be well worth the wait . I promise as Gibson has never let me down !

Mr. Legit

Does anyone know when the new system for tracking will be up? The Gibson guys told my dealer to tell me to stop asking about my guitar. Usually, I am able to get my orders within three months or so but we are about to go on almost 8 months now. Seems some dealers are able to get more answers than others though, I understand though given these times, I hope the Gibson employees are staying safe and healthy. It just seems that we see random M2M guitars roll out to dealers who special ordered them.

clapton101

Art takes time . I was told this in person by a highly respected and highly regarded member of Gibson Custom in regards to someone who was bothering them about his order and the response that was told to the pain in the neck was " we are waiting for the tree to grow your wood " TRUE STORY ! Waiting sucks , but the anticipation will be well worth the wait . I promise as Gibson has never let me down !

I totally understand and agree, with that being said why don’t they give more legitimate etas when orders are placed? That’s all I was talking about.

goldtop0

I totally understand and agree, with that being said why don’t they give more legitimate etas when orders are placed? That’s all I was talking about.

With the new regime at Gibson, the closing of Memphis, the revamping of the products, covid lockdown, there's a whole lot that's happened there in the last 18 months to 2 years, and it appears to me that their systems may be all over the place until things settle down a little. When will that be........who knows........but it looks as though that's in the pipeline.
You guys in the US have the benefit of being in the land of origin with guys like me around the globe gleaning what we can from our local stockists(in my case in NZ that's next to nothing for CS guitars):dang

AA00475Bassman

I ordered a Firebird 1 1992 had this guitar in two weeks , waited 6 months 94 for my 57 Gold Top . I truly believe this is a case of what they Are building at the time .

El Gringo

I totally understand where you are coming from as we pay a lot in coin/treasure and we have reasonable expectations , but Gibson has never worked like that and it simply is a time consuming process in order to make the art which our guitars are crafted into . It's probably better off that it takes time as the payoff is grand and lasts a lifetime for our playing enjoyment . The first time I ordered from Gibson was on Halloween 1993 and I took delivery of the Les Paul in early August 1994 , which is a little over 9 months , same as my most recent Les Paul which was 9.5 months . Lets see when my next order for 2 more Les Paul's takes and also factor in the slow down from the virus . My gut still says 9 months and some change . Believe it or not both times it took the 9 month time frame the finishes which were both Gloss came out rock hard like glass which I love . Even though waiting sucks even for me which I am impatient as much as the next person is I have to compliment Gibson Custom as they really have there sh#4 together and know exactly what they are doing as they have been doing it for over a hundred years !

Mr. Legit

Ladies and gentlemen, my prayers have been answered, the first lefty ‘64 ES-335 Reissue made will be mine in two days! Gibson pulled through! This is going to be a very difficult wait!

goldtop0

Ladies and gentlemen, my prayers have been answered, the first lefty ‘64 ES-335 Reissue made will be mine in two days! Gibson pulled through! This is going to be a very difficult wait!

2 days is not a looong wait mon ami:lol
but I guess after 8 months or so well.........congrats and I hope she's a beauty.........pics when you get it please.