• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Two videos featuring vintage Les Paul's

rockabilly69

I really like Charlie Starr's way of wringing the tone out of that Burst, I especially like when he goes back to the bridge pickup after dialing
the neck pickup tone. I bought a set of Tyson Tone Lab pickups because of this demo he did with his '56 Custom.

wadevonp

Charlie Starr is for sure the reason that I’ve bought two different dog ear P90’s from Tyson Tone Labs. He’s just one of the best!

corpse

Genteel is the best description of Charlie Starr- now I am sure Like Joe B there is "that guy that comes out at 9 O'clock". And he is a font of guitar/lick knowledge.
But that recording at Songbirds (that burst must have been in the back when RevWillieVK, Benji Shanks, Banker and I went there in '18) should be THE definition of "what does a burst sound like".