• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Options for wiring PAF's in HSH configuration

gr8ful_pickr

I have a custom build in progress. Planning to use OXF Low Wind PAF's in neck and bridge, but I do a lot of Grateful Dead stuff and need/want a single coil in the middle (probably will just use OX4's strat pickup there).

It's gonna kind of be wired Garcia style. I have a Scott Walker preamp/buffer/OBEL that I can toggle on/off and have a subtle boost via mini toggle.

I'm curious how others have wired up their HSH configs.

Never built up a guitar. Always just bought off the shelf, so I'm not intricately familiar with all the options.

Is it best to give the middle single coil its own volume & tone controls or wire it up some other way?

What about capacitors, wiring and all that goodness?

OX4 doesn't sell that stuff, so on my own to figure those things out. It's a high end build and I'm selling a few guitars to get it done, so want to do it right the first time. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers!