• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gonna re-wire my Tribute

46and2

Hi all,
I bought a Gibson LP Tribute last February. I like it plenty (I've wanted a LP for as long as I can remember; probably 30 years), but I am planning on getting a 498t to replace the 490t in the bridge. But to do that, it looks like I need to install a completely new harness. I was dismayed to find a pcb control when I took the back plate off.

I have ordered four long-shaft 500k CTS pots, a 22 capacitor for the bridge, and a 15 for the neck.

I've done plenty of wiring mods for paying clients in the past (mostly on Teles), and love tinkering with my axes. Heck, if I don't tinker, I don't feel like the guitar is really mine, ya know?

My question for the esteemed company is:
Are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of? Will I have issues getting the neck pickup off the pcb and then re-wiring it to the hand-made harness I'm making?

Cheers