• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My pandemic version of Hey Joe....

Doc Sausage

Howdy Doc! We're doing good! We've been living a normal life pretty much.....going to the gym and restaurants, taking our neighbor's dog to the park, hanging out with friends. We still don't know a single person with the virus. I picked up a new guitar, the Fender American Original 50's Tele. It's basically a 52 reissue with a 9.5 radius. What a sweet guitar. So lively! Lots of fun to play.

What's going on with you, Doc? I hope all is well!

Similar I spose. I’m ‘allowed’ to travel - by car, for work one week a month. Which actually is a welcome change from the better part of 37 years on the road. I did find it’s one thing to WANT to work from home and quite another to HAVE to. Fam’s all good, still less than 30 (THIRTY) Covid hospitalizations where the wife works since March. In the capitol of CA no less. Like .00008% of the CA population. At least up here.

I almost bought an 80’s Jap Fender 12-string. Bought a boat instead. I’ll throw some money down that hole for a while. Prolly kick meself for passing up the 12-er. But you know, once you get past Hotel CA, a couple Byrd’s/Petty tunes you’re kinda over the 12. But the seller may come back around.

Last edited:

57Strat777

Similar I spose. I’m ‘allowed’ to travel - by car, for work one week a month. Which actually is a welcome change from the better part of 37 years on the road. I did find it’s one thing to WANT to work from home and quite another to HAVE to. Fam’s all good, still less than 30 (THIRTY) Covid hospitalizations where the wife works since March. In the capitol of CA no less. Like .00008% of the CA population. At least up here.

I almost bought an 80’s Jap Fender 12-string. Bought a boat instead. I’ll throw some money down that hole for a while. Prolly kick meself for passing up the 12-er. But you know, once you get past Hotel CA, a couple Byrd’s/Petty tunes you’re kinda over the 12. But the seller may come back around.

So glad to hear you and your family are doing well!! Are you guys allowed to take a boat out on water with the current covid restrictions? Beginning yesterday here in Travis county Texas, I got a call on my home phone and cell phone, wife's phone, plus a text on each cell phone telling us to stay in our home due to the "rapid spread of covid". Apparently we can't allow anyone to experience freedom on Independence Day, unless of course you want to protest. :)

Last edited:

Doc Sausage

Yes, surprisingly, we can go boating. Gavin Newsom owns a winery in Napa, CA. What are the odds that THAT county has never experienced a shutdown? I thought we had all known and accepted the notion that when we reopened that there would be spikes? And that that would lead to “herd immunity.” One thing’s for sure, it’s 4 more years of mutating viruses if Trump wins in Nov!