• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

!st generation Les Paul Robot ribbon cable - correct placement

Leprechaun-1

1st generation Les Paul Robot - ribbon cable - correct placement

Hi:

I'm replacing the CPU in my 2008 - first generation - Les Paul studio Robot. There are three flex ribbon cables that plug into the CPU.The cable that comes from the Master control knob - MCK - has six pins so I know which slot to plug it into. The other two cables come from the bridge and the tail piece, and each have seven pins. I had labeled them, but by the time I could get back to the project, the lousy adhesive on the labels allowed them to fall off. If any of my fellow members of the Les Paul Forum can tell me the correct positioning of the two, seven pin cables, I'll plug them in, reinstall the battery pack - I make my own battery packs for considerably less than the $65. that Tronical charges - and the guitar should be back in business.

I know there are many different opinions about 1st gen robots, but for what it's worth, I bought it new in 2008, and played it trouble free for ten years - Dawn and I average about 300 shows a year, (prior to covid -19 anyway), so I can't really complain about the guitar. Of course it weighs quite a bit less than my 1981 Les Paul Custom - Black Beauty, and considering that I wrecked my rotator cuff a while back, the lighter robot makes life easier.

I realize this is not the average question in the tech area, but if you folks don't know, I don't know who does. :dang

Thanks in advance for any help,

Leprechaun-1

P.S. If you can think of anywhere I might contact someone who is knowledgeable about LP robots, that would be a great help!

P.P.S. I'd be glad to attach photos of the CPU and ribbon cables, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do attachments.

Last edited: