• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Cases for 2020?

Tommy Tourbus

Looks like they're now doing a new case with more padding at the butt end. I've only seen it sold with the new Wildwood Spec Les Pauls though. Anyone seen one? How are they? Tried to post a pic but there's a pic size limit here

GotTheSilver

I just bought a 2020 R9 from MGL, not a Wildwood spec. The case has a tag with the date "Nov 19". I took several pictures comparing it to the case that came with my 2013 R8, but I am having technical difficulties downloading the pictures right now. I will try again later and if I can get the pics downloaded I will post them. There are a lot of differences between these two cases, one being that the padding on the Nov 19 case is much thinner than that of the 2013 case. There is no extra padding at the butt end of the newer case.

tubes10s

I currently have 2 2019 R9s, and they both have cases made by GWW in Costa Rica. It looks like a lot of places are giving GWW some or all of their case business. A lot of Gibson, PRS, and Martin Geib-style cases all seem to be made by GWW lately. I know that TKL used to made the Gibson Lifton-style cases, and the Martin Geib-style cases. I don't know who used to make the PRS cases before GWW.

Tommy Tourbus

Yes, that's the one. I just bought a WW Spec LP Custom with that case, so I'm about to find out about them