• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Keith Urban's burst??

sws1

Skim along this video that he posted recently, and you'll see he is playing what looks like a burst, with a hint of a red-eye. Anyone know what it is?

Jump to 5:05 where he picks it up and plays it.

buyusfear

According to a recent Guitar Mag article it’s a recently (October’ish) acquired ‘58.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/guitar.com/features/interviews/keith-urban-dumbles-unsung-guitar-heroes-digital-amps/%3famp

“I just got a ’58 Burst about two weeks ago,” Urban reveals. “It’s not 100 per cent original, which put it in a much more affordable range, but all the electronics, body, neck is all original… and it’s just ungodly great! It’s incredibly balanced. It’s just got some beautiful, rich dimensions to all the harmonics, even acoustically – it’s really quite magical.

e5cd2e19-a8f5-4961-a6bd-d4bace7924ce-NYE_highlights-45.jpg

20200101-IMG_3240-1-scaled-e1577934610367-1536x1155.jpg

hd-mediaitemid71461-8287.png

jb_abides

*When your wife subs for your tech!

- And she doesn't know the set list...

- And you have to point out Acoustic versus Electric...

- And she dances instead of doing her job...

- And she's compelled to hog the spotlight and get on stage in front of the camera...

- And you fear a headstock break... [thinks to himself: Honey, Don't Drop the Burst!]

...But you keep calm and the show goes on, and love it anyway!

~ Good job, Keith & Nicole

marfen

Great player with great gear and really good at performing along with tracks... in concert...and at home. He's using it on a recent post The Fighter urban underground. Not appropriate for vintage Les paul aficionado viewing tho (you've been warned LOL)… time for that boy that get back to country IMHO.

Last edited:

jimmi

Great player with great gear and really good at performing along with tracks... in concert...and at home. He's using it on a recent post The Fighter urban underground. Not appropriate for vintage Les paul aficionado viewing tho (you've been warned LOL)… time for that boy that get back to country IMHO.
Urban is a phenomenal musician and good guitar player and I think it shows in the videos. Watching Nicole Kidman dancing around while he played gives the impression that they enjoy each other and she still looks great.

El Gringo

It's not my genre of music , but Keith Urban can play his tail off as he is a really good guitarist . Nicole was funny dancing around and acting like his surrogate tech/roadie all replete in her roadie black !

buyusfear

I really like his tone - anyone know the setup?

See my link above.
His tone has always been spot on, no matter the gear. From Matchless, to Bad Cat, 65 Amps, Hiwatt, Dumble, vintage, etc etc. aside from being an incredibly accomplished player, his attention to tone has always been on point. Not to mention always going above and beyond with stage mic’s. Royers, iso cabs, etc.

david plues

named Mary and will feature in Burst Believer 5 when it appears - like everything else at the moment there is a lot of uncertainty - stay safe

gtrfinder

I liked it. Looked like all involved were having fun.
Interesting live performance technical note; all of those tracks (and probably a couple more vocal tracks) are what’s being fed into FOH when you go see somebody like Keith live. He’ll hire badass musicians to back him up in a band for sure, but those tracks and the midi clock are what make it sound super pro (or super cheesy, depending on your perspective) in a live setting.
I don’t mind it, personally