• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1957 Gretsch Duo Jet - an ode to Dynasonics

gsg

I picked this guitar up from forum member Yuuki a few years back. Recently replaced the bridge pickup with a TV Jones.

Here's a vid testing various pickup tones straight into the amp.

I love Dynasonics. Fat, clear, snarly, sweet - they can be so many good things!

gsg

You’re making me think about swapping out the filtertrons on my duojet.

I've never done it on the same guitar but here's my take from my outings with Filtertrons: the Filtertrons have "that" tone with the hair/grit around each note, sizzle I suppose. The Dynasonic neck has a deep woody bass and the high notes are thick. Less of the sizzle to them. The Dyna bridge can jangle for sure but it maybe squawks more than it sizzles... I know, fun with words, right?

Also, a shout out to Chris of Risiro Guitars in Leipzig, Germany who did a great re-fret, cut a new nut, re-spacing the strings to squeeze a few mm more space from E to e making it much playable and making a great guitar even better!

Last edited:

rockabilly69

You’re making me think about swapping out the filtertrons on my duojet.
If you want to swap out your Filters, check this out...

https://www.gabojo.com/pickups/filter/

I have the same pickups in a humbucker mount, all the guitar parts are the MR2000SB in my Zemaitis guitar...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/hawthorn-treble-boost-fuzz-demo

nYsGUt7.jpg

zacknorton

NICE!!! Cool pickups.

Seems like the dyna’s have a little more of that. “jene se qua” thing to them.

Something That would make a duojet less like another guitar. Which is a good thing.

Your descriptions are great.