• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Faber hardware question

garywright

I would think so ..Larry is usually good about answering questions I’d email him

Scott L

What guitar are you looking to put on? The spacing is different on an ABR1 than a Nashville.

If your guitar came with a Nashville - it won't work. Those Stud / Posts are for the newer USA line that come with an ABR1 with mounting bushings that started in 2017.

This video was posted a few days ago

Last edited:

EFLOW

What do you mean "The spacing is different on an ABR1 than a Nashville" ?

I removed the big Nashville on my 2015 SG using those parts with Gibson ABR-1 :

sg_st139.jpg

sg_st140.jpg

The spacing is the same, right ?

temp_435.jpg

temp_436.jpg

Last edited:

Scott L

Nashville Bridge, up to 2012

Post hole size = 4mm

Nashville Bridge after 2012

Post hole size = 5mm

garywright

The spacing is different on an ABR1 than a Nashville.

“This system, with 4mm upper threaded posts, is reversible and requires no modification to your guitar, and will allow you to use either the Faber® ABR-1 style ABRN/ABRM bridges, or our revolutionary ABRL Tone-Lock? bridge. ”

the Faber abr bridge is interchangeable with a Gibson abr1 ...am I missing something

btw, OP ..what did Larry tell you ?

EFLOW

English is not my first language sorry, what do you call spacing, diameter of holes for the studs or distance between the holes on the bridge ?

garywright

English is not my first language sorry, what do you call spacing, diameter of holes for the studs or distance between the holes on the bridge ?

I believe he’s referring to the actual distance between the holes of the bridge and you’re asking if the diameter of the studs will fit ok inside your bridge holes (?) ..again, I think they will based on the Faber site description...email Larry :dh

Scott L

Assuming you are ordering in the EU from Fabergutiars.com. If you have a Nashville Bridge with the Post and Thumb Wheels as 1 unit, that mount in to the body with Bushings, then the part you list is correct to change over. - https://www.faberguitar.com/iNsert-...uds-7mm-6-32inch-Steel-nickel-plated-glossy_1

With the new iNsert set up you can use the Gibson ABR1, Faber ABRH, or the Faber Tone Lock Bridge. Go back to this video and at 3:00 minute mark Larry shows all 3 bridges being put on the iNert posts.

EFLOW

Ok, so the Faber iNsert converter studs, 7mm/6-32inch can be used with a Gibson ABR-1 and Faber ABRH, right?

Scott L

Ok, so the Faber iNsert converter studs, 7mm/6-32inch can be used with a Gibson ABR-1 and Faber ABRH, right?

Go back to this video and at 3:00 minute mark Larry shows all 3 bridges being put on the iNert posts

Also maybe write to Faber?