• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best M-69 rings?

swankmotee

I haven’t posted in many moons and no one has posted about plastics since many moons ago so who currently does the best M-69 rings? Anybody making vintage correct plastic all the way round the guitar?

EFLOW

WIZZ Premium M-69 rings are available at Creamtone, they are perfect imho

https://www.creamtone.com/collections/upgrades-that-fit-gibson-usa-series?page=1

sg_st138.jpg

DANELECTRO

True Historic rings are the most accurate rings I’ve seen. Unfortunately, Gibson does not sell them as an accessory.

TM1

True Historic rings are the most accurate rings I’ve seen. Unfortunately, Gibson does not sell them as an accessory.
They’re incredibly stupid not to! They could make a fortune if they wanted..

EFLOW

Creamtone WIZZ M-69 rings, Top repro model :

temp_433.jpg

Creamtone WIZZ M-69 rings, more afordable model

temp_434.jpg

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
I've pretty much seen them all. And the best I've seen in the last few years was the last run of rings Tom Bartlett did with the most updated plastic color. The rings are made in epoxy molds from an original set of rings so they are exact in size and shape to that set. The plastic color is also the best I've seen. Frank Pine got a bunch of plastic samples from Tom and brought them over to my place along with his real Burst so we had his rings to compare. We looked at the different plastic color samples in all light settings and found one that was extremely close.

fernieite

I prefer the Bartlett's as well. Sold my ThroBak's and Vintage Clone.
Otp's are very good too.