• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Corona Quarantine - Youtube - where has it taken you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace139

So - I have been watching REO, Styx concert videos from late 70’s and early 80’s. Was never a big fan back in they day. At that time I was into LZ, Scorps, Priest & Maiden . . . Etc.

Wow - some brilliant playing and great songs. Really impressed.

REO Stuff with Gary and his bursts and I’m guessing Cronin was playing a real blackguard - easy to listen to. Plus this was the “Live Infidelity Tour” when they ruled the world.

Styx - “Return To Paradise”. Recorded in ‘97 in Chicago crazy good -

Anyone else watching anything? Music related or not - Suggestions?

Praying this is all over soon. - GO WASH YOUR HANDS! :)

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
So - I have been watching REO, Styx concert videos from late 70’s and early 80’s. Was never a big fan back in they day. At that time I was into LZ, Scorps, Priest & Maiden . . . Etc.

Wow - some brilliant playing and great songs. Really impressed.

REO Stuff with Gary and his bursts and I’m guessing Cronin was playing a real blackguard - easy to listen to. Plus this was the “Live Infidelity Tour” when they ruled the world.

Styx - “Return To Paradise”. Recorded in ‘97 in Chicago crazy good -

Anyone else watching anything? Music related or not - Suggestions?

Praying this is all over soon. - GO WASH YOUR HANDS! :)

I've been "binge-reading" Ken Caillat's Get Tusked, the recent sequel to his 2012 book Making Rumours; he was an engineer/co-producer on both albums. The new book is a fascinating read about life in L.A. at the top, and Lindsey Buckingham's feverish attempts at turning stately Fleetwood Mac into some sort of psychobilly new wave punk band. Much white powder was consumed in the process by all, not surprisingly.

Cliff Gress

MC5 at Tarter field is some of the best live footage of the band. Tons of Dead shows. The Darkness in LA is an excellent concert. Bowie's last Ziggy show.

Search for BWFL 2045. BackWater Football League. Only sports on TV.

sonar

Work from home so dipping into my vinyl because I can.

Bowie right now.

Mitch88

If there is any "plus" to this whole situation, it's that it's gotten Tom Bukovac making regular videos on YT. Scary session player in Nashville.

Hoping he keeps the Corona Lessons up.

Roger65

I’ve been listening to Led Zeppelin. Also rekindled my love of classical music. Claude Debussy “Claire de Lune “ on piano and Mozart Piano Concerto #23, adagio.

garywright

If there is any "plus" to this whole situation, it's that it's gotten Tom Bukovac making regular videos on YT. Scary session player in Nashville.

Hoping he keeps the Corona Lessons up.

Cool tips ...plus that dot-neck :salude

cincyguitar

Sierra Hull...how does she play like that and not even look at her fingers?...Dixieland music...look up Tuba Skinny. on Youtube.......great music !!

goldtop0

Joni vids and checking on Clapton riffs etc.
Like the vid above posted by Mitch88......thanks......great tone and playing right there:2cool

Mitch88

Like the vid above posted by Mitch88......thanks......great tone and playing right there:2cool

Cool tips ...plus that dot-neck :salude

If either of you are on Instagram I encourage you to check out Ford Thurston (fordthurstonmusic), on there. Not only is he a fantastic player but he has a few videos of Tom, riffing in his garage on a 64' Cherry 335. Composing off the top of his head, right there on the spot.

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/ByWSmuvHQuT/?igshid=ie58jovkxp1y[/video]

Truly inspiring.

Speaking of Clapton though. Was listening to this, this morning. I think this performance showcases some of Clapton's finest lead work, I've ever heard him exhibit. A bit more melodic and toned down, but still...the feel...It's like he's singing through the notes.

Foggy72

If you're looking for THE definitive way to play " Crossroads " then check out this guy. Every note, bend, vibrato and nuance is shown in this easy to follow YouTube. Amazingly accurate and well presented. He breaks down many other songs as well:

CoyotesGator

Watched a few Greg Kihn Band concerts with Satriani.

This one made me smile.
Warning - Not music related.

Texas Blues

The United States of America.

At this moment.

Has become.

This video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cesSRfXqS1Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.