• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Corona Quarantine - Youtube - where has it taken you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toecutter

The United States of America.

At this moment.

Has become.

This video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cesSRfXqS1Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I guess this is meant to be a stupid political statement on your part... Still think this is a hoax? Good luck to you pal and your brain dead buddies....

Ace139

Help I’m stuck in the Dragnet black hole!! Jack Webb is “The Man”.

Texas Blues

I guess this is meant to be a stupid political statement on your part... Still think this is a hoax? Good luck to you pal and your brain dead buddies....

Enjoy your hurt feelings.

I'm cracking a cold one.

Ace139

The hard-nosed '50s Dragnet, or the psychedelic '60s version?

Right now V2. Blue Boy is classic. Some of Joe’s best moments. Also for the real hard core - check out the Dragnet Pod cast - has all the original radio shows. Many of those scripts were used for they TV shows in the 50s and 60s versions. Easy to listen to and good distraction from the current COVID CRAP

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Right now V2. Blue Boy is classic. Some of Joe’s best moments. Also for the real hard core - check out the Dragnet Pod cast - has all the original radio shows. Many of those scripts were used for they TV shows in the 50s and 60s versions. Easy to listen to and good distraction from the current COVID CRAP

Not really my thing, but I'm slightly familiar with the Dragnet radio show from Minneapolis journalist/humorist/nostalgist/blogger James Lileks, who prefers them to the TV versions. And I've watched the '50s Dragnet movie, which is fun. It's humbling to consider how omnipresent Webb was in radio, film, and TV in the '50s and '60s (and into the '70s as a TV producer), and is now either barely remembered, or looked at as someone to parody from a culture long gone.

DvnLesPaul

All Access/Backstage Pass
Totally hooked on these Corona Lessons Volume xx, by Tom Bukovac now.
Buk gives a mention to Elliot Easton (& Just what I Needed solo) towards the end of todays episode.

Last edited:

Doc Sausage

Here’s a little number: As of yesterday, .0008% of the world’s population died of this “horrible” disease. POINT ZERO ZERO ZERO EIGHT PERCENT. Those who would give up essential liberty for a little safety and a stimulus check deserve neither.

Last edited:

GreenBurst

Here’s a little number: As of yesterday, .0008% of the world’s population died of this “horrible” disease. POINT ZERO ZERO ZERO EIGHT PERCENT. Those who would give up essential liberty for a little safety and a stimulus check deserve neither.

Please elaborate on your point. Should the response strategy be approached differently? How?

Doc Sausage

Please elaborate on your point. Should the response strategy be approached differently? How?

Perhaps a common sense approach? We have decimated the world economy - affecting 7.4 billion lives for 1.2M virus cases. Why should so many face long term suffering and financial ruin for a relative few cases? Not very humanitarian of us. Now we can spend the next 4 generations paying for it all. The unborn of the unborn will be burdened by Covid-19 of 2020. An appalling legacy we will have left.

GreenBurst

Perhaps a common sense approach? We have decimated the world economy - affecting 7.4 billion lives for 1.2M virus cases. Why should so many face long term suffering and financial ruin for a relative few cases? Not very humanitarian of us. Now we can spend the next 4 generations paying for it all. The unborn of the unborn will be burdened by Covid-19 of 2020. An appalling legacy we will have left.

Using common sense, how many deaths would be acceptable?

Where does the 4 generations estimate come from?

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Shortly after WWII concluded, George Orwell wrote of his fellow British intellectuals:

Power worship blurs political judgement because it leads, almost unavoidably, to the belief that present trends will continue. Whoever is winning at the moment will always seem to be invincible. If the Japanese have conquered south Asia, then they will keep south Asia for ever, if the Germans have captured Tobruk, they will infallibly capture Cairo; if the Russians are in Berlin, it will not be long before they are in London: and so on. This habit of mind leads also to the belief that things will happen more quickly, completely, and catastrophically than they ever do in practice. The rise and fall of empires, the disappearance of cultures and religions, are expected to happen with earthquake suddenness, and processes which have barely started are talked about as though they were already at an end.

It's very easy to project the current standstill out indefinitely, and very mentally destructive to do so.

I too would like to see America's economy return as soon as safely possible, but a bit of perspective: the 1919 Spanish Flu pandemic killed more people than WWI, but today it's remembered as a footnote as the world went from the horrors of WWI on the way to the Roaring Twenties.

Doc Sausage

Simply continue to follow the MONEY, Bill Gates, Fauci and Birx through all this. Watch the timing of a vaccine that will be unavailable now but magically available AFTER the 2020 election, then ask yourself about the legitimacy of the ‘Coronavirus Pandemic.’ And what an election has to do with a cure.

Toecutter

So you're saying the whole world is in on this big conspiracy because of the 2020 US election? You my friend need psychological help and deprogramming...

Status
Not open for further replies.