• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Thoughts on an R8

Dimitri92

Well.... thanks to this forums help, I have an R6 on the way 😀😀

Been looking for a new dual humbucker guitar and have been eying off this R8. I’m in Australia and once i
again it’s on the other side of the country so I’d be buying unplayed.

thoughts????

http://www.vintageelectricguitars.com.au/product/2013-gibson-les-paul-custom-shop-iced-tea/

Looks a whole lot like mine, r8 iced tea, 2013. Love mine to death. But, I played it before buying. I don't quite understand what you're asking here tho? We can't judge if it sounds good from some pictures either? I think 2013 is the year they started with the 'Historic' thing, custombuckers, hot hide glue etc. Someone correct me if im wrong.

morgancolgrave

Looks a whole lot like mine, r8 iced tea, 2013. Love mine to death. But, I played it before buying. I don't quite understand what you're asking here tho? We can't judge if it sounds good from some pictures either? I think 2013 is the year they started with the 'Historic' thing, custombuckers, hot hide glue etc. Someone correct me if im wrong.

thanks for the reply. I guess I’m just after some input on the price, whether it’s authentic (not a counterfeit) etc.

Tim Plains

That has a weak top for most people, but for my taste, it's a 10. I love it and would have bought it already if local to me. Hard to say what impact COVID will have on item values going forward but $2,750 US is on the low side for a flame top R8.

If you do buy it, decide to sell later on and come visit Canada, let me know. :peace2

renderit

Most of my historics sport the cracked knobs.

However, in Austrailiera they probably crack the opposite way.

I'm likin' that geetar.

AA00475Bassman

Love the top & color I'd be playing it now !
Ewqzh5s.jpg
[/IMG]

Ace139

I think it looks awesome - love the finish and the subtle figure. Pictures look like they maybe some enhancing or filtering. Maybe ask for some more photos?

goldtop0

Look like it's got a fat neck.........and I've got a very good '13 R8 that is just the bees knees.
That serial # is towards the end of the production of those in '13 with the 6 digits........CS must have made a few of them that year with the new improved specs:salude

Tim Plains

Look like it's got a fat neck.........and I've got a very good '13 R8 that is just the bees knees.
That serial # is towards the end of the production of those in '13 with the 6 digits.......
There were likely well over 3,000 R8s made that year.

renderit

The thing I liked about the 13-15's was they had standardized the necks a little more than they do now.

I still say you can hand me each of my LP's blindfolded and I can tell you the year they were.

54 VERY FAT

56 Slightly less but still big

57 a chunky monkey but nice

58 - getting there

59 PERFECT

60 SUCKS

I know it might be gauche to say because the originals were all over the place but it is pretty cool.

It is also wonderful at chasing away hand cramps...

El Gringo

The guitar is a winner , nice figure and nice color and looks like fun to play her as well . Good Price also !