• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Now here's a question you weren't expecting

JJMMWG DuPree

I got me a Grimshaw!

So now the question becomes, should I post about it here under Historic Les Pauls, or under Other Les Pauls?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I got me a Grimshaw!

So now the question becomes, should I post about it here under Historic Les Pauls, or under Other Les Pauls?

That's not even a Gibson!
Of course you should post it in the Non-Gibson area! :rolleyes

JJMMWG DuPree

That's not even a Gibson!
Of course you should post it in the Non-Gibson area! :rolleyes

But the heading is "Gibson custom/Historic Les Paul. The Grimshaw is nothing if not historic, it was also authorised by Gibson, that makes it a part of Gibson's history. On the other hand, as you point out, it's not a Gibson.

Hence the question. I don't care where I post it, I just want to post it in the right place.

brandtkronholm

Only the hum-buckers were licensed by Gibson.

Indeed, it's a fascinating guitar, but it isn't a Gibson.

JJMMWG DuPree

Fair enough. I just wanted an opinion from someone who actually knew the story. But Grimshaw did also have written permission to make the guitars. Gibson must have been a very different company back in those days.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
But the heading is "Gibson custom/Historic Les Paul.

And it also says this:
Topic Area for the Historic line of Gibson Les Paul Reissues. All R2 - R0 Les Paul reissue discussions belong in this area. Also Collector's Choice models and signature/artist models that recreate a specific vintage Les Paul can be posted here.

Grimshaw does not match this.
You asked where to post. Two of us answered that.

JJMMWG DuPree

And it also says this:
Topic Area for the Historic line of Gibson Les Paul Reissues. All R2 - R0 Les Paul reissue discussions belong in this area. Also Collector's Choice models and signature/artist models that recreate a specific vintage Les Paul can be posted here.

Grimshaw does not match this.
You asked where to post. Two of us answered that.

One of you even replied before I'd said "Fair enough". The other one posted the entirely spurious message that I've just quoted. Oscar Wilde and George Bernard Shaw both observed that England and America are two countries separated by the same language, I wish someone on your side of the pond would realise this because I'm getting tired of Yanks getting wound up because I query something written in USian.

I get one civil reply and two obnoxious ones. Stuff this, I'm flouncing. The internet is big enough that there has to be somewhere that I can have a sensible discussion about the Gibson/Grimshaw thing without getting sniped at by someone who voted for Donald Trump.:biggrin:

:eek:la

AA00475Bassman

I can't see any reason you would be offended by any post in your thread Gibson Custom does not apply to your guitar .
As foolish this may seem posting placement for best results is a must . Also annoying to Forum members when incorrectly posted .
You were not singled out or treated snide this is a great Forum I really interpret the posts as genuine in trying to be helpful !

rockabilly69

One of you even replied before I'd said "Fair enough". The other one posted the entirely spurious message that I've just quoted. Oscar Wilde and George Bernard Shaw both observed that England and America are two countries separated by the same language, I wish someone on your side of the pond would realise this because I'm getting tired of Yanks getting wound up because I query something written in USian.

I get one civil reply and two obnoxious ones. Stuff this, I'm flouncing. The internet is big enough that there has to be somewhere that I can have a sensible discussion about the Gibson/Grimshaw thing without getting sniped at by someone who voted for Donald Trump.:biggrin:

:eek:la

You want a sensible discussion, put it in the right area. And whether you are trying to be funny or not, keep the politics out of it. NO-ONE appreciates that, and it's against the rules of this forum!