• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

LPF Roll Call - sound off

Strings Jr.

I had to take my wife to the ER with symptoms. Sure enough she tested positive. They said I should be tested too, and mine came back positive. I had very little symptoms the first couple of days, then suddenly I felt like I had been hit by a middle linebacker. When I could barely get my breath I went to the ER. I stayed in ICU for five days. Luckily we are both doing better now. Please take every precaution with this stuff. Believe me it's ugly!!

Elmore

Atlanta, Georgia, USA. My family is well. And I still really dig Les Paul guitars.

deytookerjaabs

Father in law tested positive weeks ago and is on the vent where he's been for days now after about a week on the oxygen. Missus, who has been following every update by the hour, got the call a few days ago docs saying it's likely the end so she went down to Florida to be there with everyone. He had no real underlying conditions other than he could shed a couple pounds, but he's not a big guy by any means, only 60 years old and 50+ people are paying close attention as he has a huge family with about 5 brothers, a sister, their parents are sill alive in their 80's, tons of grand kids etc.

It's amazing the risks we take on instinct, after months of being really careful with this stuff the lady still made the tough decision to go down and be with family. She says she woke up this morning feeling like she got hit by a train so I really hope she tests negative and it's just stress but I wouldn't doubt for a second that more will get sick as the FIL had fever, shortness of breath, for days before going into the hospital. They even had a party for their youngest son while he attended half asleep on the couch.

I had to take my wife to the ER with symptoms. Sure enough she tested positive. They said I should be tested too, and mine came back positive. I had very little symptoms the first couple of days, then suddenly I felt like I had been hit by a middle linebacker. When I could barely get my breath I went to the ER. I stayed in ICU for five days. Luckily we are both doing better now. Please take every precaution with this stuff. Believe me it's ugly!!

Wow, that's scary, so glad to hear you're doing alright!!

RhinestoneStrat

Oshawa, Ontario...so far so good and no deaths of family or friends and I hope it keeps that way.:jim

RDL

Doing ok here in the original Washington England. Family driving me mad though ...Starting to think I Should have had me tubes tied.:##

VamboRool

Six months later and still worried about the virus and now dealing with fires. At least we are getting some incredible sunsets from the smoke.

goldtop0

Sending this one back to the top again.
All okay here at Level 1, nothing really happening as regards any new cases so steady as she goes.
Had our NZ Elections finish up on the weekend and Labour(supposedly a left wing party) got in by a landslide........so it goes.......not my choice but them's the breaks.

VamboRool

Sending this one back to the top again.
All okay here at Level 1, nothing really happening as regards any new cases so steady as she goes.
Had our NZ Elections finish up on the weekend and Labour(supposedly a left wing party) got in by a landslide........so it goes.......not my choice but them's the breaks.
Glad to hear you guys made it thru your elections. We have ours in the USA in two weeks, not sure how the losers (which ever side) is going to respond. Any chance you are a history or aviation buff? There are a couple of guys in NZ who are making fantastic reproductions of WW1 aircraft. I haven't made it to NZ yet, got to Perth awhile back and had a great time.

goldtop0

Glad to hear you guys made it thru your elections. We have ours in the USA in two weeks, not sure how the losers (which ever side) is going to respond. Any chance you are a history or aviation buff? There are a couple of guys in NZ who are making fantastic reproductions of WW1 aircraft. I haven't made it to NZ yet, got to Perth awhile back and had a great time.

Not an aviation buff per se but my father was a fighter pilot in WW2 apparently(I say 'apparently' because I was adopted out and didn't know him).
When you can come down here it's a great little country:salude

ourmaninthenorth

A gentle to the top.

How's everyone doing?

Lot of faces not posting, this is not a request to prompt anyone to do anything other than give a ping here to let each other know what's what.

What about it Lads?

somebodyelseuk

A gentle to the top.

How's everyone doing?

Lot of faces not posting, this is not a request to prompt anyone to do anything other than give a ping here to let each other know what's what.

What about it Lads?
Okay.
Recovering from a cataract op., otherwise all back to normal in my world.
Covid ain't going anywhere, time to get on with life. What happens, happens.

corpse

Son is home from college due to a staph infection- putting a damper on my playing. Damn inconsiderate of him...

rob livesey

Hi Paul, ok up here in Morecambe. All the family including us have had it (my eldest son and his girlfriend have had it twice!). The only one in our family who appears immune is Jan's Dad, who at the age of 94, is batting on living independently in his flat close by. How he didn't succumb is beyond me, Jan visits every day and I cook and deliver his meals four times a week. He's now booked in for his booster vaccination next week. Sal, my step daughter (30 years old) was really quite poorly with it a couple of months ago and we were very concerned for a few days. But, she appears to have made a full recovery with no lasting ill effects.

Our "Long-COVID" is abating, I'm more or less back to normal, but Jan still suffers from time to time if she overdoes it.

Hope you and Audrey are steering clear, but in the circumstances, I have no need to ask that.

Hope to see you at a show sometime next year, all being well.

Rob

MikeSlub

Administrator
Get vaccinated everyone. It's the only way we are going to slow the spread and move toward a next normal. Hundreds of millions of vaccinations have proven they are safe and effective. And those who aren't vaccinated are at risk, especially with the Delta variant. I'm a healthcare worker responsible for 92 hospitals in 22 states, and trust me, you don't want to end up in the ICU on a ventilator. And when our patients come for help, they expect to be treated safely by staff (nurses, doctors, aides, etc.) who are vaccinated and wearing PPE. Also, for those who value individual rights over vaccination, if they aren't thinking about themselves and those adults around them, then ask them to please at least think about our children who have no access to vaccines as of yet.

Last edited:

goldtop0

Here in NZ we've endured a recent lockdown at level 4 again which has just reduced to level 3 and level 2 for the rest of the country outside my hometown Auckland. We have the highest number of covid cases being the most populated area with one third of the national total of 4.9 million. Our vaccination rollout continues with about 44% of us fully inoculated so we've got a ways to go yet.
We're going to have to learn to live with covid in future and get back to a normal life once our inoculated numbers move higher up the scale.
Updated from my post #150 a year ago, our current 'red' Govt are totally and utterly 'woke' like Canada's and Scotland's so have been petitioning and haranging them about their ludicrous anti family agenda and ideologies..........on it goes.
All I can say is thank God I'm a guitar player and singer and still able to do so 😊

Last edited: