• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

LPF Roll Call - sound off

T.Allen

Positive news doesn't bump ratings. After this is all over, cable news will need a stimulus package, or they'll just make up some other stuff.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner

zoommutt

It's crazy out there. Next thing you know ,people will be licking toilet seats and subway cars and things in the store and...........uh...too late.

" There's a whole lot of licking going on,but there ain't no licking on meeeee!"

hmm there might be a song in there.

Can't wait till next week.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
The Seattle blues community lost a player earlier this week when Wade Hickam succumbed to the virus. We weren't close friends, but we got along & I played with him on a number of occasions. He will be missed on the scene
wade_h_28229.jpg

Strings Jr.

R.I.P. my old friend Joe Diffie. When Joe came to Nashville, he worked at Gibson during the day, and wrote songs and sang demos at night. Yesterday he died from the Coronavirus.
I'll never forget his last day at Gibson. He came around and shook hands and just said "It's time to go".

Bob Womack

My wife's coronavirus test came back negative. The diagnosis is viral bronchitis. She's out of work for the rest of the week. The doc said she can return when she can quit coughing. We are trying to figure out how isolated she needs to be at home.

Thanks for you thoughts and prayers!

Bob

ourmaninthenorth

R.I.P. my old friend Joe Diffie. When Joe came to Nashville, he worked at Gibson during the day, and wrote songs and sang demos at night. Yesterday he died from the Coronavirus.
I'll never forget his last day at Gibson. He came around and shook hands and just said "It's time to go".

Godspeed.

Sorry for the loss of your Friend.

ourmaninthenorth

My wife's coronavirus test came back negative. The diagnosis is viral bronchitis. She's out of work for the rest of the week. The doc said she can return when she can quit coughing. We are trying to figure out how isolated she needs to be at home.

Bob

A bit of good news at last.

Take care of each other Bob.

:biggrin:

Groover

Bob

Great news Bob. So pleasedit didnt turn out to be anything worse :yah

Aloha_Ark

East Honolulu with a nice view of the ocean. Given the possibility of death at any moment makes you realize that there are many old musicians who need to survive through this epidemic. Please do not take Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Angus Young, David Crosby, or any other legends who helped me get through the bad times. In my life, there was no decade as crazy as the 60's or confusing as the 70's, unless you happened to live through the 1940's. The wife tells me her father opened the gates of Auschwitz at the end of the second world war. A walk through hell on earth.

K_L

Here`s a video taken on Wednesday of Waikiki Beach---so surreal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O32...Z6sH_6ermasSqwDn1Ct9lCKzhvEDXMoaxwFSc7NH0hZ7c

East Honolulu with a nice view of the ocean. Given the possibility of death at any moment makes you realize that there are many old musicians who need to survive through this epidemic. Please do not take Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Angus Young, David Crosby, or any other legends who helped me get through the bad times. In my life, there was no decade as crazy as the 60's or confusing as the 70's, unless you happened to live through the 1940's. The wife tells me her father opened the gates of Auschwitz at the end of the second world war. A walk through hell on earth.

2002standardmat

So after a 2nd trip to A&E (this time in an ambulance) and another set of chest X-Rays (apparently COVID leaves some VERY distinctive patterns in the lungs) my wife has definitely HAD it - 3 GPs and 2 hospital visits all saying same thing, despite no blood test.

Whole thing started over 3 weeks ago and we have also had 2 trips to the COVID Clinic in that time, 2 simultaneous doses of strong antibiotics and 2 doses of steroids (she is also a medically reliant asthmatic so that was also a worry) and up to today her breathing was still painful, unable to rest but with a better blood oxygen level.

Its been a rough few weeks but today's tests have also shown a nasty surprise, a suspected pulmonary embolisms (PE) which may also account for some of the chest problems and we are not dealing with that, COVID is now in the rear view mirror and we are dealing with this.

Seeing as she was self-isolating from the very beginning due to the asthma, there is a huge potential I brought it into the house but that I have remained mainly asymptomatic - had the sniffles a few weeks ago but put it down to sudden rise in pollen count, hmm. She was also coming back through Europe by air just as this was getting into gear in the UK so we haven't ruled out a long incubation period and exposure via the travel.

Apparently , it's a nasty fucker that leaves you feeling like you have been hit by a bus and the recovery is a rollercoaster of ups and downs over 4-5 weeks.

And one of the first GPs said the transmissibility is catching out even those who are being careful, its nasty folks, stay safe and look out for each other.

One thing for our UK bods, the health service at local GP and hospital level has capacity and these guys are absolutely doing their very best to help, everyone we have dealt with could not have been better, my respect for all they do is off the charts. Don't feel like you are being a fraud or burden, they want to help.

rob livesey

So after a 2nd trip to A&E (this time in an ambulance) and another set of chest X-Rays (apparently COVID leaves some VERY distinctive patterns in the lungs) my wife has definitely HAD it - 3 GPs and 2 hospital visits all saying same thing, despite no blood test.

Whole thing started over 3 weeks ago and we have also had 2 trips to the COVID Clinic in that time, 2 simultaneous doses of strong antibiotics and 2 doses of steroids (she is also a medically reliant asthmatic so that was also a worry) and up to today her breathing was still painful, unable to rest but with a better blood oxygen level.

Its been a rough few weeks but today's tests have also shown a nasty surprise, a suspected pulmonary embolisms (PE) which may also account for some of the chest problems and we are not dealing with that, COVID is now in the rear view mirror and we are dealing with this.

Seeing as she was self-isolating from the very beginning due to the asthma, there is a huge potential I brought it into the house but that I have remained mainly asymptomatic - had the sniffles a few weeks ago but put it down to sudden rise in pollen count, hmm. She was also coming back through Europe by air just as this was getting into gear in the UK so we haven't ruled out a long incubation period and exposure via the travel.

Apparently , it's a nasty fucker that leaves you feeling like you have been hit by a bus and the recovery is a rollercoaster of ups and downs over 4-5 weeks.

And one of the first GPs said the transmissibility is catching out even those who are being careful, its nasty folks, stay safe and look out for each other.

One thing for our UK bods, the health service at local GP and hospital level has capacity and these guys are absolutely doing their very best to help, everyone we have dealt with could not have been better, my respect for all they do is off the charts. Don't feel like you are being a fraud or burden, they want to help.

Hi Matt, sorry to hear what your wife has been through, but glad it looks like she’s through the other side.

We think we got it early March, me worse than my wife, but nowhere near as bad as your experience. The rollercoaster analogy is true. Many ups and downs since the start. I’m over six weeks and still having good and bad periods. It’s affected every aspect of our bodies in effect, from neurological symptoms to joints and muscles. Sleep, nutrition, fluids, gentle exercise and take one day at a time.

Best wishes to you both,
Rob

Groover

Hi Matt

Sorry to hear about your wife. Fingers crossed the NHS can get her sorted on both counts and everything turns out well. I'm sure Paul will be along with sage advice soon, him and the missus have been through the ringer twice now.

Stay Safe

:blbros

2002standardmat

Thanks guys, i am hoping it is behind us now and just nursing through the recovery now.

The paramedic who made the call to take her in yesterday as despite the blood oxygen being 98% she had respiratory distress and other problems was a life saver literally, the blood clot was identified as a result of those checks.

He said ‘treat the person, not the numbers’ and was spot on.

Take care and stay safe.

ourmaninthenorth

Mat, I'm on the end of the phone, use it anytime you feel the need, anytime.

My ears are open, and me mouth is shut.

To talk is to earth all that confusing static flying around one's head.

Love to you both.

XX