The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 121 to 140 of 140
  1. #121
    Forum Moderator T.Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Positive news doesn't bump ratings. After this is all over, cable news will need a stimulus package, or they'll just make up some other stuff.

  2. #122
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lost in the Ozarks [again]
    Posts
    42,572

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBurst View Post
    It is available here. This is an aggregate based on available data. May not be fully accurate but provides an indication.

    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...id-19-testing/
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonC View Post
    Right.

    Here's another source for testing. https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...ng-source-data

    One thing I've noticed about the testing info that's available is that it is not as timely as the other stats...
    Thanks!
    Pauls to the walls!

    Hüter der Flammen!

    PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

  3. #123
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,352

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    It's crazy out there. Next thing you know ,people will be licking toilet seats and subway cars and things in the store and...........uh...too late.


    " There's a whole lot of licking going on,but there ain't no licking on meeeee!"

    hmm there might be a song in there.

    Can't wait till next week.

  4. #124

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    The Seattle blues community lost a player earlier this week when Wade Hickam succumbed to the virus. We weren't close friends, but we got along & I played with him on a number of occasions. He will be missed on the scene
    the faster we go the rounder we get

  5. #125
    Les Paul Forum Member Cliff Gress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Sorry to hear Bob.

  6. #126

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Very sad when it hits at home.

    The scary part is the projection of deaths.

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...still-unclear/


    Stay safe everyone.

  7. #127
    Les Paul Forum Member Strings Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    452

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    R.I.P. my old friend Joe Diffie. When Joe came to Nashville, he worked at Gibson during the day, and wrote songs and sang demos at night. Yesterday he died from the Coronavirus.
    I'll never forget his last day at Gibson. He came around and shook hands and just said "It's time to go".


  8. #128
    Les Paul Forum Member Bob Womack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Between Clever and Stupid
    Posts
    1,863

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    My wife's coronavirus test came back negative. The diagnosis is viral bronchitis. She's out of work for the rest of the week. The doc said she can return when she can quit coughing. We are trying to figure out how isolated she needs to be at home.

    Thanks for you thoughts and prayers!

    Bob
    "It is said, 'Go not to the elves for counsel for they will say both no and yes.' "
    Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion, The Fellowship of the Ring


    My little site:
    THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM

  9. #129
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    6,121

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Gress View Post
    Sorry to hear Bob.
    Me too.

    Condolences.
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  10. #130
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    6,121

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Quote Originally Posted by Strings Jr. View Post
    R.I.P. my old friend Joe Diffie. When Joe came to Nashville, he worked at Gibson during the day, and wrote songs and sang demos at night. Yesterday he died from the Coronavirus.
    I'll never forget his last day at Gibson. He came around and shook hands and just said "It's time to go".

    Godspeed.

    Sorry for the loss of your Friend.
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  11. #131
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    6,121

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
    My wife's coronavirus test came back negative. The diagnosis is viral bronchitis. She's out of work for the rest of the week. The doc said she can return when she can quit coughing. We are trying to figure out how isolated she needs to be at home.

    Thanks for you thoughts and prayers!

    Bob
    A bit of good news at last.

    Take care of each other Bob.

    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  12. #132
    Les Paul Forum Member Groover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    583

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
    My wife's coronavirus test came back negative. The diagnosis is viral bronchitis. She's out of work for the rest of the week. The doc said she can return when she can quit coughing. We are trying to figure out how isolated she needs to be at home.

    Thanks for you thoughts and prayers!

    Bob
    Great news Bob. So pleasedit didnt turn out to be anything worse
    JBLPplayer

    And what is the correct measurement of a widdlers peak?

  13. #133

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    East Honolulu with a nice view of the ocean. Given the possibility of death at any moment makes you realize that there are many old musicians who need to survive through this epidemic. Please do not take Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Angus Young, David Crosby, or any other legends who helped me get through the bad times. In my life, there was no decade as crazy as the 60's or confusing as the 70's, unless you happened to live through the 1940's. The wife tells me her father opened the gates of Auschwitz at the end of the second world war. A walk through hell on earth.

  14. #134
    Les Paul Forum Member K_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    268

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Here`s a video taken on Wednesday of Waikiki Beach---so surreal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O320...axwFSc7NH0hZ7c

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha_Ark View Post
    East Honolulu with a nice view of the ocean. Given the possibility of death at any moment makes you realize that there are many old musicians who need to survive through this epidemic. Please do not take Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Angus Young, David Crosby, or any other legends who helped me get through the bad times. In my life, there was no decade as crazy as the 60's or confusing as the 70's, unless you happened to live through the 1940's. The wife tells me her father opened the gates of Auschwitz at the end of the second world war. A walk through hell on earth.

  15. #135

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Quote Originally Posted by K_L View Post
    Here`s a video taken on Wednesday of Waikiki Beach---so surreal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O320...axwFSc7NH0hZ7c
    Thanks. I was planning on buying a drone, but then this darn epidemic began. I don't exactly miss the beach, but the pretty women on the beach.

  16. #136
    Les Paul Forum Member 2002standardmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    A leafy suburb of Mancunia
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    So after a 2nd trip to A&E (this time in an ambulance) and another set of chest X-Rays (apparently COVID leaves some VERY distinctive patterns in the lungs) my wife has definitely HAD it - 3 GPs and 2 hospital visits all saying same thing, despite no blood test.

    Whole thing started over 3 weeks ago and we have also had 2 trips to the COVID Clinic in that time, 2 simultaneous doses of strong antibiotics and 2 doses of steroids (she is also a medically reliant asthmatic so that was also a worry) and up to today her breathing was still painful, unable to rest but with a better blood oxygen level.

    Its been a rough few weeks but today's tests have also shown a nasty surprise, a suspected pulmonary embolisms (PE) which may also account for some of the chest problems and we are not dealing with that, COVID is now in the rear view mirror and we are dealing with this.

    Seeing as she was self-isolating from the very beginning due to the asthma, there is a huge potential I brought it into the house but that I have remained mainly asymptomatic - had the sniffles a few weeks ago but put it down to sudden rise in pollen count, hmm. She was also coming back through Europe by air just as this was getting into gear in the UK so we haven't ruled out a long incubation period and exposure via the travel.

    Apparently , it's a nasty fucker that leaves you feeling like you have been hit by a bus and the recovery is a rollercoaster of ups and downs over 4-5 weeks.

    And one of the first GPs said the transmissibility is catching out even those who are being careful, its nasty folks, stay safe and look out for each other.

    One thing for our UK bods, the health service at local GP and hospital level has capacity and these guys are absolutely doing their very best to help, everyone we have dealt with could not have been better, my respect for all they do is off the charts. Don't feel like you are being a fraud or burden, they want to help.
    2004 Darkburst R9
    2004 51 Relic Nocaster
    2004 SJ200
    2010 Danelectro DC59m
    2008 Dan Armstrong Ampeg ADA6
    2013 Squier VM Bass VI
    2011 SG Junior 60's
    2009 Classic 50's Strat
    2012 BC Rich Mockingbird ST
    1993 MIJ 60’s Strat
    A mandolin...

    2009 Marshall Class 5 Mk 1
    2015 Fender Blues Junior III
    2018 Marshall 1974x HW
    Pedals, quite a few pedals...

  17. #137

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002standardmat View Post
    So after a 2nd trip to A&E (this time in an ambulance) and another set of chest X-Rays (apparently COVID leaves some VERY distinctive patterns in the lungs) my wife has definitely HAD it - 3 GPs and 2 hospital visits all saying same thing, despite no blood test.

    Whole thing started over 3 weeks ago and we have also had 2 trips to the COVID Clinic in that time, 2 simultaneous doses of strong antibiotics and 2 doses of steroids (she is also a medically reliant asthmatic so that was also a worry) and up to today her breathing was still painful, unable to rest but with a better blood oxygen level.

    Its been a rough few weeks but today's tests have also shown a nasty surprise, a suspected pulmonary embolisms (PE) which may also account for some of the chest problems and we are not dealing with that, COVID is now in the rear view mirror and we are dealing with this.

    Seeing as she was self-isolating from the very beginning due to the asthma, there is a huge potential I brought it into the house but that I have remained mainly asymptomatic - had the sniffles a few weeks ago but put it down to sudden rise in pollen count, hmm. She was also coming back through Europe by air just as this was getting into gear in the UK so we haven't ruled out a long incubation period and exposure via the travel.

    Apparently , it's a nasty fucker that leaves you feeling like you have been hit by a bus and the recovery is a rollercoaster of ups and downs over 4-5 weeks.

    And one of the first GPs said the transmissibility is catching out even those who are being careful, its nasty folks, stay safe and look out for each other.

    One thing for our UK bods, the health service at local GP and hospital level has capacity and these guys are absolutely doing their very best to help, everyone we have dealt with could not have been better, my respect for all they do is off the charts. Don't feel like you are being a fraud or burden, they want to help.
    Hi Matt, sorry to hear what your wife has been through, but glad it looks like she’s through the other side.

    We think we got it early March, me worse than my wife, but nowhere near as bad as your experience. The rollercoaster analogy is true. Many ups and downs since the start. I’m over six weeks and still having good and bad periods. It’s affected every aspect of our bodies in effect, from neurological symptoms to joints and muscles. Sleep, nutrition, fluids, gentle exercise and take one day at a time.

    Best wishes to you both,
    Rob
    -----------------
    Rob Livesey
    Morecambe Bay, UK

  18. #138
    Les Paul Forum Member Groover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    583

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Hi Matt

    Sorry to hear about your wife. Fingers crossed the NHS can get her sorted on both counts and everything turns out well. I'm sure Paul will be along with sage advice soon, him and the missus have been through the ringer twice now.

    Stay Safe

    JBLPplayer

    And what is the correct measurement of a widdlers peak?

  19. #139
    Les Paul Forum Member 2002standardmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    A leafy suburb of Mancunia
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Thanks guys, i am hoping it is behind us now and just nursing through the recovery now.

    The paramedic who made the call to take her in yesterday as despite the blood oxygen being 98% she had respiratory distress and other problems was a life saver literally, the blood clot was identified as a result of those checks.

    He said ‘treat the person, not the numbers’ and was spot on.

    Take care and stay safe.
    2004 Darkburst R9
    2004 51 Relic Nocaster
    2004 SJ200
    2010 Danelectro DC59m
    2008 Dan Armstrong Ampeg ADA6
    2013 Squier VM Bass VI
    2011 SG Junior 60's
    2009 Classic 50's Strat
    2012 BC Rich Mockingbird ST
    1993 MIJ 60’s Strat
    A mandolin...

    2009 Marshall Class 5 Mk 1
    2015 Fender Blues Junior III
    2018 Marshall 1974x HW
    Pedals, quite a few pedals...

  20. #140
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    6,121

    Re: LPF Roll Call - sound off

    Mat, I'm on the end of the phone, use it anytime you feel the need, anytime.

    My ears are open, and me mouth is shut.

    To talk is to earth all that confusing static flying around one's head.

    Love to you both.

    XX
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!



i