NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
    Les Paul Forum Member

1960 Custom with factory cherry red finish

This showed up in Norway some weeks ago:

https://www.vintagegitar.no/1960-les...custom-cherry/

Original 1960 three pickup cherry red custom. Original finish, pots, untouched solder joints, not messed with except middle PAF is out of phase. Neck is actually sprayed gold before cherry. No pics of removed pickups, but according to Vintage Gitar everything looks just right with tenon, paint etc.

Originally sold in Sweden in 1960, used professionally for two years. Since then rarely used.

The guitar is now sold.

Vintage Gitar is the go-to store in Norway for vintage and really nice guitar stuff. The owner, Arne Kr. Hast, participated in a guitar related podcast called «Kan du skru ned litt?» which translates to «Can you turn it down?» with information about this guitar. Mr. Hast has done some serious detective work and it seems that at least 5 cherry red were made. The serial is, if I remember correctly, between 0 5000 and 0 6000 and probably closest to 0 6000.

Thought this would be cool to share. Have been checking the forum the last week to see if the new owner posted something about the new acquisition

And to be clear about this: I have no affiliation with Vintage Gitar. Just wanted to share this with everyone

And please remember that I am norwegian, so my english might be somewhat odd. And constantly ignoring autocorrect on the iPad is driving me nuts!

Re: 1960 Custom with factory cherry red finish

Yes, this is a fairly well-known (and talked about online) batch of vintage Customs that were ordered for the Swedish market...very, very cool guitars, and I personally always enjoy seeing new pictures of them.
    Guitars: '56 Les Paul Custom, '63 SG/LP Custom, '61 Jazzmaster, '43 000-28, '15 ES-345,
    Amps: Matchless Lightning, Zvex Nano amp
    Pedals: Centaur, BJFE, Analogman, Zvex, Maxon, Way Huge

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zhivago View Post
    Yes, this is a fairly well-known (and talked about online) batch of vintage Customs that were ordered for the Swedish market...very, very cool guitars, and I personally always enjoy seeing new pictures of them.
    @Zhivago

You’ve probably seen this on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/x4mUHPSTJhw

Quite an interesting story. Seems like the serials from these two guitars are very different. I might remember it incorrectly from the podcast, though.

Les Paul Forum Member

Got to try it at the shop, really nice guitar. Went to a very well known US player & collector who seems to be buying a LOT of geetars lately.

Super Bad-Azz

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phatfrank View Post
    Got to try it at the shop, really nice guitar. Went to a very well known US player & collector who seems to be buying a LOT of geetars lately.
    And might he also be pretty active on Instagram with his latest acquisitions? Found it

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphex View Post
    And might he also be pretty active on Instagram with his latest acquisitions? Found it
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphex View Post
    @Zhivago

You’ve probably seen this on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/x4mUHPSTJhw

Quite an interesting story. Seems like the serials from these two guitars are very different. I might remember it incorrectly from the podcast, though.
    Ahh, yes, I rememberer this video...it was put up a while ago...I love his demos, he also comes across like a really nice guy
    Guitars: '56 Les Paul Custom, '63 SG/LP Custom, '61 Jazzmaster, '43 000-28, '15 ES-345,
    Amps: Matchless Lightning, Zvex Nano amp
    Pedals: Centaur, BJFE, Analogman, Zvex, Maxon, Way Huge