• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Spotlight Special on Ebay

songsj

Funny, Spotlight special on ebay, asking price 10K too high IMO, purchased by a collector who bought it, put it away and never played it but had to change the tuners to what all of his Les Pauls have, Also has the wrong truss rod cover, Never have seen a cover that says custom on a spotlight special. I guess I'm fussy but when I sell a guitar as mint and basically unplayed I expect it to be all original. I have bought and sold several guitars like this over the years and I'm telling you every screw on mine were original and the only thing I ever did was change the strings, tune them up and strum them a few times every couple of years to make sure they were still okay. Many still had the hang tags on them, pick up stickers, with all documentation and case candy. If I'm going to pay anything close to 10K for a spotlight special it better be basically new old stock, all original without a mark on it.

Aloha_Ark

I see the seller chose the OBO (best offer) option. Just put it on your watchlist to see if the little birdy comes by with a lower price. Current price is way too ridiculous for the reasons noted. This is also not one of the more collectible guitars in Gibson's history. The pre-historics are a better buy.

Personally I like the new reissue of Spotlight that came out in 2008. Seller is blackrose.