• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Need replacement handle for '55 GA-20

Tayst

Hey friends,

Checked Stewmac for a replacement handle for my 1955 GA-20 but don't like it. Any other ideas online for getting one?

thank you,
Tayst

akstrat61

I have said this before on this forum. About 20 years ago, I started buying old suitcases with leather handles, usually tweed. Many of them have handles made by the same manufactures of the handles Fender and Gibson used on their amps. For some reason, the handles on most of the suutcases are in great shape, some almost NOS. My wife stacks the suitcases as a decorations in one of our front rooms. She likes them and I have about twenty handles feady to go. A win - win! You can also find them on some old radios, except the prices of the radios are muuch higher than a suitcase. MHO Check eBay or antique stores in your area.:dude:

LeonC

Had Gibson switched to the plastic and metal-frame handle that was mounted onto metal studs by 1955? I don't remember but I know that they started using those clear plastic handles in some point in the mid 50's.

If that's the type of handle you're looking for then I have seen them or something quite similar to them at a luggage repair supplier I'll try to find link for you.

LeonC

Okay found it. If you need that kind of clear plastic handle that they used in the mid-to-late fifties oh, you can find something quite similar at ohiotravelbag.Com look in their online catalog on about page 296