• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Question about Gibson Memphis

goldtop0

The last 58 I`ve seen online, was the Gibson Custom Shop Premier 1958 ES 335 VOS. With 4999€ too expensive. The center block on these models were thermically treated. That seems to be an expensive feature! ;-)
When I remember correctly, they were at 5500€ first.

Yes expensive is the word. Here at our local store a new latest model CS '59 is NZ$11k.............simply absurd.........but par for the course given the state of our dollar.
And a year ago there was a '58 VOS at $8k which I thought at the time was over the top.

goldtop0

Dave's have had a bunch of the 2019 '59's made in Nashville. At least they have Nashville made orange stickers on them. Nice size necks.

https://davesguitar.com/products/gibson/59-reissue-es-335-19/

Yes I've seen them over the last month. One was .880 at the 1st fret and this ones a bit bigger.
I think this one is making a re-apperance after maybe a sale might have fallen through a few weeks ago, it looks like the one I enquired about back then.