• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gene Baker B3 Fire P90

Fuzzpop

Hey all! It's been a while. Always lurking, of course. Just wanted to drop a message that I recently picked up a 2011 Gene Baker B3 Fire.

It's from the PBG era, of course, with the Arroyo Grande decal on the back of the headstock. I know those are sometimes less valuable when it comes to resale, but as far as the quality and sound of the guitar...I haven't played one better. I've played guitars from many of the name boutique builders (Tuttle, Fano, Dano, Grosch, etc) and while they were all stunning, I bonded with this B3 immediately. So did my son, as you'll see.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

fvGFRFV
fvGFRFV
IMG-6462.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Congratulations--I really like the visual of the double-parallelograms and the gold top! Don't know anything about the builder, or the others you mentioned, but a cool electric guitar like that says all it needs to say...:salude

Fuzzpop

Congratulations--I really like the visual of the double-parallelograms and the gold top! Don't know anything about the builder, or the others you mentioned, but a cool electric guitar like that says all it needs to say...:salude

Thank you! It sounds as good as it looks! Gene was senior master’s apprentice at the Gibson Custom Shop, and then a Fender Custom Shop senior master builder. So he has a good pedigree as far as I'm concerned.

Regardless of all that, I absolutely love this battle axe.