• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

trans-green classic?

mattnew33

Has anyone ever seen one of these in the US? Its supposedly a trans-green classic from the mid 90's... I love the look, just not the price and shipped from out of the country.

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 6.40.26 PM.jpg

more pictures at the for sale link below... This isn't mine... I'm not selling it.. I just think its a really cool looking version I've never seen before... and can't find any information on or any similar guitars like it in the US....

https://reverb.com/item/31183575-gi...premium-plus-limited-edition-1995-trans-green

El Gringo

At first I was thinking it was gonna be like Kelly Green (St. Patrick's on my mind along with Corned Beef )(on a serious note I would love a highly figured Green burst ) , which it is not . I think it is a bit over priced , and I don't care for the Nashville bridge versus the correct ABR-1 . Nice figure and at first glance I thought it was the Joe Perry Model . Nice guitar but overpriced .

mattnew33

I agree with all of that, $4k for a classic, but even aside of that it is in a foreign country, I'm not really interested in shipping it here...

I love the color, the amber with a hint of green over a heavily flamed top. My main question was I can't find any info on this particular "custom" classic anywhere on the web... no other examples, no information... I'm surprised its not more popular.....

graybeard65

I'm not qualified to answer the question that you've asked - I just wanted to chime in and say that it's a fine looking LP!

Scott L

My eyes ain't what they used to be...

That said from the one photo I'm thinking that is an Amber Classic Flame Top with some major mineral staining in large sections.
The dark spots are more natural random looking than man made.

BlueGuitar!

2330_p31986.jpg it's the green one if it was left in the sun for 10 years. Part of a limited run of classic premium plus guitars with gold hardware and 490r/498t as opposed to 496r/500t. There were also some LPCPP made in custom shop in green and other wild colors with zebra classic 57s

jb_abides

Kinda reminds me of a more naturally fade towards the Perry Boneyard endgame... :salude