• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - 1954 LP standard

marfen

VIRUS THREATS when I clicked on poster's les paul in his opening post of this thread compliments of the photo hosting site where the pics are. Had a hell of time getting back control of my computer.

Texas Blues

VIRUS THREATS when I clicked on poster's les paul in his opening post of this thread compliments of the photo hosting site where the pics are. Had a hell of time getting back control of my computer.

My apple didn't like it either.

I x'd out and came back to the forum.

With that though....

The pics posted by the phatman above.

Are phatascticle!

Beautiful guitar.

I can only wish for a real '54.

Phatfrank

sorry bout that, I used the site recommended for posting pics here (postimages.org) but used the wrong link. Fixed it now.

Phatfrank

All you have to do is put a three prong cord in. I always keep my vintage tweeds with their original trannies. Unless they are blown, leave them alone.

The amp guy said the same, having it fixed now. Thx again!

mingus

The amp guy said the same, having it fixed now. Thx again!

If the amp is designed for US power, get a quality variac and give it exactly what it wants to see: 110v. You’ll be glad you did.

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Extremely cool guitar, photos, amp... and music room, congrats! :salude

Wrt the tweed replacing the 2-prong cord with a new 3-prong one is the right way to go. I've been using step-down transformers for my vintage amps for 25 years and never had a problem. Never replace a working trannie, it's simply not worth it.

Patek

That is bloody beautiful mate !!!!! Living the dream there

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
WOW!!! Are you freakin' kiddin' me??? :wow

That's "The score of the year"... :salude

Nothing better than a wraptail GT... CONGRATS!!! :salude :salude :salude

I'm so jealous... :laugh2:

Phatfrank

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys. This thing is truly amazing, I am lucky to own several beautiful guitars but this is a desert island piece. Can’t seem to put it down, she is by quite a large margin the best guitar I’ve ever played. Worth every last penny:). The seller also has a beautiful 1958 Junior that I have on loan, looks like she’ll be joining the household shortly:).

img host

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the kind comments, guys. This thing is truly amazing, I am lucky to own several beautiful guitars but this is a desert island piece. Can’t seem to put it down, she is by quite a large margin the best guitar I’ve ever played. Worth every last penny:). The seller also has a beautiful 1958 Junior that I have on loan, looks like she’ll be joining the household shortly:).

img host

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :salude