• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson CWW Costa Rican hardcases versus TKL Canadian?

sunking101

Just got a brand new Gibson and it has a brown CWW case. I noticed immediately that the latches were different and inside was a label from CWW saying Made In Costa Rica. When did Gibson change from using TKL Canadian cases? The quality seems OK, not noticeably different.

rockabilly69

Just got a brand new Gibson and it has a brown CWW case. I noticed immediately that the latches were different and inside was a label from CWW saying Made In Costa Rica. When did Gibson change from using TKL Canadian cases? The quality seems OK, not noticeably different.

I just got a case by Armitage for my L5s that was made by CWW and the quality is very good.

sunking101

The quality seems no worse than TKL but this is heavy. My 9.2lbs LP Standard in its TKL case is way lighter than my 7.4lbs Les Paul Special in its CWW case.