• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My R9 has the high E string touching the back of the bridge

bspencer58

Hello Les Paul Gurus,

I have a new 60th anniversary R9 and I noticed that the high e string is touching the back of the bridge. The tail piece is against the body and all the other strings are clearing the bridge. ANy thoughts?

ultra

Raise your stop tail until string is no longer touching the back of the bridge. Some variation in neck set angles is evident from guitar to guitar. No problem as far as I can see

ScumbackSpeakers

You could top wrap the stop bar, raising the strings a good 1/2 inch while keeping it screwed down tight to the body.

mdubya

It is not the end of the world to leave it alone if you have no other complaints about the situ.

renderit

Is the saddle notch too deep? You can easily replace a saddle if it is.

bspencer58

Since this an R9 with the old school tail piece and ABR-1 the tail piece looks ridiculous if it isn't all the way down. Also, Is it ok to just raise one side of the tail piece.

GeraintGuitar

Since this an R9 with the old school tail piece and ABR-1 the tail piece looks ridiculous if it isn't all the way down. Also, Is it ok to just raise one side of the tail piece.
In that case top wrap them , Also raising one side is not ideal on a 2 piece bridge really but it is done on a 1 piece wraparound bridge like on juniors , so i spose its not a complete no no , Although i Wouldn't do it .

Keefoman

In that case top wrap them , Also raising one side is not ideal on a 2 piece bridge really but it is done on a 1 piece wraparound bridge like on juniors , so i spose its not a complete no no , Although i Wouldn't do it .

Agreed and problem solved.

Andy79

Yes it's fine to raise one side a bit more than the other. It might not need raising by much to clear.

El Gringo

Play it , Jimmy Page had his guitar set up like such for years !

Did you see the new issue of Guitar player magazine ? With the article about the anniversary of Led Zeppelin 3 ? Some of those photos there of Jimmy Page sure look like he was feeling no pain and was in the "zone" for sure . Jimmy page single handedly is my biggest inspiration for all things Les Paul !