• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tour of Gibson USA

Big Daddy Class

The signs everywhere said "No Photography". I was a guest so I did not want to violate that, so I did not take any--even though they said several times it would be fine if I did. One of the more thrilling parts (to me) was the entry foyer into the factory, which has what amounts to a hall of fame of some of the guitars built there. The paneling on the walls on the way in is figured curly maple. Maybe 20 really special guitars including several I have only read about. I was like a little kid.

Last edited:

Strings Jr.

The signs everywhere said "No Photography". I was a guest so I did not want to violate that, so I did not take any--even though they said several times it would be fine if I did. One of the more thrilling parts (to me) was the entry foyer into the factory, which has what amounts to a hall of fame of some of the guitars built there. The paneling on the walls on the way in is figured curly maple. Maybe 20 really special guitars including several I have only read about. I was like a little kid.
See anything from the 80's ?

Big Daddy Class

See anything from the 80's ?
A few. I was trying not to just gawk at some of them. I was most excited to see a Buckethead Baritone Les Paul that really caught my eye, as I had never actually seen one in person--and it stood out being larger than the rest and white. Not sure when it was made exactly. It certainly did not seem like one of the newer ones. The repair and restoration shop is right in the front door, the very first thing we saw and there were hundreds and hundreds of guitars including original bursts and rare models and some Celebrity owned guitars there (to be re-fretted and stuff like that). Feels like I pretty much saw one of nearly everything that they have ever made (not everything but it felt like it). Obviously, I did not examine or handle the vast majority of them and most of the space was building new guitars but between the displays and the repair/restorations I saw many many guitars I have only read about.

jb_abides

the very first thing we saw and there were hundreds and hundreds of guitars including original bursts and rare models and some Celebrity owned guitars there (to be re-fretted and stuff like that).

Original bursts, you say? Were these on loan to be measured, or...? :hmm
:salude

Big Daddy Class

20200228_093929.jpg These are a few of the guitars in the "entry foyer" to the plant. They told me I could take this photo since it was outside. Purpose was to show the flamed maple walls. The Buckethead is in this one.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Class

edited.jpgHere is a photo of me and a few of my friends at Gibson on the tour. The uneditied one is me (giant fake pussy ass). This station was where they were removing the paint from the edges of the "f holes" on the semi hollow bodies. They put tape on the cavity side of the fholes in the rough mill and then remove it here, after painting, so that there is not paint in the cavity of the guitar. This was the only photo we took inside the factory (fine since it does not show any details of production)

Last edited:

SpencerD

Hey There Big Daddy Class ....did you think that your punkass fake post would get anything more than what you got? At this place?

Fucking clown. This isn't the place to spew shit motherfucker! --- you tried and failed....:peace2 --- have a nice day......somewhere else. Pussy. :laugh2:

Last edited: