• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2020 64 reissue ES 335's..

Mr. Legit

I appreciate your feedback. They are DMC, it turns out they don’t look too bad. I should have bought more of them when they were available. Maybe I’ll get a sunburst 335 next. I hope more people get one of these ‘64 reissues they are really great and it was well worth the wait.

goldtop0

Yours is the finish of cherry that I could go with, it has real character and vibrance to it........good wood for sure:salude

Sombrero top

Is this the first reissue that they get the pickup covers made right. Specs says: "Pickup covers: Authentic Profile Nickel Silver" Guitar looks sweet.

https://www.coda-music.com/gibson-custom-1964-es335-reissue-vos-sixties-cherry-100132.html

64_ri_ES_335.jpg

Mr. Legit

Is this the first reissue that they get the pickup covers made right. Specs says: "Pickup covers: Authentic Profile Nickel Silver" Guitar looks sweet.

https://www.coda-music.com/gibson-custom-1964-es335-reissue-vos-sixties-cherry-100132.html

I do not think so as they’ve fixed the pickup covers for at least a couple years now. They can still improve these in many areas though, ABR1, Tuner Bushings, Pickguard, and Pickguard Bracket. I did swap out the M69 rings for some regular sized Wizz M-69 rings though as I don’t like the look of my pickups popping out so high. I tried to keep the guitar as stock as possible. There are some killer examples of these out there now and that is one of them.

Mr. Legit

Stunning!!! Here's a companion for you, my original 1964 ES-345.

Oh, I have seen it, I’ve been more of browser for years. That guitar is one of the holy grails. I observed many lefty’s and yours was one of them to get the parts right!

TM1

Great video! Before Dave moved to Nashville he use to come by my house in northern L.A. County. He bought an old Selmer Treble`n Bass 50 from me a number of years ago. Really nice guy and has a very musical mind.