• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Power input for Wah Peddle

corpse

I broke the plastic shroud on the jack for my wah peddle- any idea where to get a replacement? The generic ones on amazon look wrong.

PaulD

The typical DC power jacks come in a range of different sizes and are specified by the internal and external diameters, 2.1mm x 5.5mm is quite a common size but you would need to measure to be sure. Searching eBay for "DC power connector jack" should find the right one. Make sure you get the polarity right when replacing it, most pedals are wired centre negative but not all of them are.

ourmaninthenorth

I'm sure if you post a pic of the bit you need Mate, someone will have the very thing in their parts drawer.

TM1

Your Wah will always sound better powered by a 9v Carbon zinc battery

corpse

TM1 I get it. I need legtrizty.
1) Go to Frys- upset the entire staff looking for PCB DC Jack. They are retooling this store and there is basically nothing on the shelf. Find something that is clearly wrong in a bulk pack for $23.00. At the last second spot something in a single baggie that looks correct (2.1mm for those taking notes here). Total spend with sales tax- $1.28. I shit you not.
2) Check holes on pedal- this needs to be step one for those taking notes- the one I bought has the wrong thru holes.
3) Find the right one on amazon- bulk pack $5.99 with shipping. This is Friday at 7PM mind you.
4) Sunday midday the parts arrive- Jeff Bezo's plan all along was to buy UPS.
5) 7:45 this AM- use desolder braid with some added flux- zip zop- part is off in 3 minutes tops. Pre tin replacement part- nope- wont fit thru holes. Grab another one- too lazy to desolder this one back in the bag wif you. Eins, zwei, drei- all together. Take it to the pedal board- plug in the DC- nothing. Shit.
6) Insert 1/4 plug into output- viola. All better.
7) Find wife- "Go upstairs woman, have I got something for you".
8) Nice try- but my pedal is fixed.

Last edited: