• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Direct replacement for G-Force tuners

mojo1fan

Hi all. New to the forum and the world of Les Pauls.

I recently purchased a 2015 Deluxe Gold Top. It has the G-Force tuning system of course. So far I'm liking it, but I was wondering what standard keys would be a replacement with the least amount of installation hassle?

jtees4

Hi all. New to the forum and the world of Les Pauls.

I recently purchased a 2015 Deluxe Gold Top. It has the G-Force tuning system of course. So far I'm liking it, but I was wondering what standard keys would be a replacement with the least amount of installation hassle?

The G force come off easily, and do not leave any screw holes. Therefore....you can easily use any tuners you like (as long as the hole is the same size)....which most are. I used Grover locking tuners on what of my SG's that had the Tronical tuners. You can even get away without putting in any screw holes, therefore being able to try other tuners before making them permanent. Good luck.

Spindrifter

I went with Kluson locking tuners on all 3 of my Gibsons. 2016 SG HP, 2017 and 2018 Les Paul Standard HPs. Fit the main tuner holes perfect, just had to drill the small anchoring holes.

mojo1fan

Thanks for the replies.

I've read good things about the Hipshot tuners as well.

mojo1fan

As luck would have it I dug up some Grovers (non locking) that I removed from a guitar a couple years back. I may just go with those if I decide to make the switch.