• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Guy looking for Information on a les Paul SM 1980 SILVERBURST

Steely man

Hi
I am new to this forum from Ireland. Hard to get a lot of choice from shops in Ireland, you have in the states, but I am a major Gibson Fan, from guys like Scott Gorham, Peter Green, playing them to death from my younger days.

I have

A Pete Townshend SG, (white) love this guitar!
A 08 Gold Top.
A 2015 traditional, in Iced Tea burst, I bought this new no weight relief, I know a bit controversial so I’ll say no more nut il love it!

Recently I Picked up a 1980 Silver burst SM; it is a bit beaten up but plays like a dream. I have no what you would call “case candy”!!

Moreover, am just trying to gather an information on this particular guitar.
I am finding it hard to post a picture, should I put up the serial number also?

I have been watching this forum ages and remember a Gibson luthier on here who worked there in the 80’s is who had a really cool journal tracking guitars he worked on.
Anyway Guys Hi from Ireland and thanks for reading this.

vetteman

Case candy refers to all the miscellaneous COA, owners manual, and assorted tags that ship with a new guitar.