• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

les pauls can't be tuned

axeman565758

This thread title needs to be changed to "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
When I first read, I assumed it was some elaborate put-on....written in jest.....
but man....what a tool....
ok excuse me....I need to go oil my tin ear.!!!!

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Here's something else to consider...

In the words of the legendary session drummer, John "JR" Robinson, "Everyone thinks they want perfection, until they have it"... He was referring to the modern programmed digital drum tracks, that are lifeless sounding, and lack all of the feel, emotion and human attributes that make music worth listening to...

igloobob

Banned
You are the one insulting people, :troll boy.

You aren't a good enough guitar player to play my guitars. If you ever learn how to play, maybe you can buy one of mine. :ganz
yeah, no thanks. I bet you spend more time oiled up and sexually assaulting your guitars than you do playing them. . .which is good since you're tone deaf.

deytookerjaabs

He was referring to the modern programmed digital drum tracks, that are lifeless sounding, and lack all of the feel, emotion and human attributes that make music worth listening to...

Well that's just flat out nonsense, lol, so there's that. :ha

garywright

yeah, no thanks. I bet you spend more time oiled up and sexually assaulting your guitars than you do playing them. . .which is good since you're tone deaf.

Tom ..please tell me this ain’t so ?

:hee

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner

More insults from the :troll.

I wonder what other guitar sites you have joined to spread your BS ? :wah

Texas Blues

Well bless your heart.

Heres some oiled up tone deaf playing.

Enjoy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JC_EHCZv-O0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Texas Blues

Heres another one.

Joe Bonamassa playing Sandy.

Tom Wittrock's guitar.

The guitar sounds fantastic.

Obviously the video was altered to make the guitar sound in tune.

Since Les Pauls don't.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v9phOn_SLDQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

God Bless Tom and Joe!

KR1

Here's something else to consider...

In the words of the legendary session drummer, John "JR" Robinson, "Everyone thinks they want perfection, until they have it"... He was referring to the modern programmed digital drum tracks, that are lifeless sounding, and lack all of the feel, emotion and human attributes that make music worth listening to...

Kenny,

The quote that you have posted above reminded me of Bonham’s kit noise on one of the earlier tracks (“Since I’ve Been Lovin’ You, I think) on which you can clearly hear his high hat squeaking on every beat. His playing was just beyond comparison - still is.

Great post.

Last edited:

Texas Blues

And lastly.

This guy.

Another Les Paul player who made a bad decision.

Playing a '54 GT that won't stay in tune.

He broke a string right at the beginning for cryin' out loud.

And you can clearly see he's struggling just to get through the song.

Dude is a talentless hack and can't keep a guitar in tune.

The video totally sucks!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UKeL6MGTq80" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

God Bless Sean Costello.

igloobob

Banned
The op asked a legit, [if often discussed topic], question about the inherent, "out of tune intonation", more noticeable on shorter scale electric guitars. This is not the same as simply tuning up the guitar, or a question of setup, as the guitar plays off pitch most noticeably in first 5 frets.

True, but in every gear forum there is a percentage of people that worship their gear as God almighty and immediately become hostile at any criticism, no matter how slight. There are a couple of those NPC's in this thread that have gone all aggro. Usually the problem with weaklings like that is they get trolled constantly because they have horrible personalities and sub 80 IQ's so they wind up constantly flagging and reporting every post that even slightly annoys them.People like that will take a forum that is fun and fairly open and fuck it up so bad that the other posters wind up going elsewhere because the forums these posers infect become really boring.

Arnold M.

True, but in every gear forum there is a percentage of people that worship their gear as God almighty and immediately become hostile at any criticism, no matter how slight. There are a couple of those NPC's in this thread that have gone all aggro. Usually the problem with weaklings like that is they get trolled constantly because they have horrible personalities and sub 80 IQ's so they wind up constantly flagging and reporting every post that even slightly annoys them.People like that will take a forum that is fun and fairly open and fuck it up so bad that the other posters wind up going elsewhere because the forums these posers infect become really boring.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

How to Make Friends and Influence People .... unbelievable ... you're off to a great start Sonny Boy

igloobob

Banned
Obviously the video was altered to make the guitar sound in tune.!

You're still ranting on in defense of your patently stupid assertion that guitars that are set up properly are in tune? You may be tone deaf and belligerent, but at least you're persistent. Keep making that stupid argument princess, maybe if you repeat it enough it'll become true

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 24

Texas Blues

True, but in every gear forum there is a percentage of people that worship their gear as God almighty and immediately become hostile at any criticism, no matter how slight. There are a couple of those NPC's in this thread that have gone all aggro. Usually the problem with weaklings like that is they get trolled constantly because they have horrible personalities and sub 80 IQ's so they wind up constantly flagging and reporting every post that even slightly annoys them.People like that will take a forum that is fun and fairly open and fuck it up so bad that the other posters wind up going elsewhere because the forums these posers infect become really boring.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Thanks for commenting.

But if I was your lawyer.

I'd recommend you not testify on the stand in your own defense.

deytookerjaabs

There's no need for **** spew from any side.

Are there bitter folk with resentment in their minds casting their wasted judgement upon all by constant insult after insult to people they don't know? Yeah.

Are there guys who can't transcribe a simple musical phrase for **** who have millions of posts exhibiting their authority on how they can hear 1/2 inch of wood or 5 inches of pickup wire? Yeah.

Are there hypocrites who espouse the virtue of craftsmanship while playing the hyper consumer game simply because they have the means? Yeah.

On and on and on.

We all have some demons to deal with and, if not a bot, we're all decent folk at the end of the day.

Point being, if someone insults you with low bar turd throwing, don't fight fire with fire. No need to beat up a monkey at the zoo. Laugh and move on.