The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

NGD Steinberger GT-PRO “Quilt Top”...

I've been thinking about one of these for awhile... I finally pulled the trigger and I couldn't be happier... I really just needed a compact travel guitar that I could take everywhere, without worrying about it... At $450.00, it's a "No-brainer"... It plays great, sounds good and fits into a bus station locker... There's no reason why you couldn't play a pro-gig with this thing... PLUS, it looks cool...

Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

"...put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination, the real relation, the underlying theme."
    Neil Peart (September 12, 1952 - January 7, 2020)

Re: NGD Steinberger GT-PRO “Quilt Top”...

A friend of mine bought one that I set up for him, nice guitars. I've noticed they mount the trem too far forward in the cavity on a lot of them, the trem rubs on the front edge of the cavity and doesn't stay in tune very well. Not too hard to fix, just have to dowel up the holes where the baseplate screws in, and shift it back 1/16" and redrill the holes and put it back together.
    Les Paul Forum Founder

“It is only through inner peace that we can have true outer freedom.” — Sri Chinmoy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    A friend of mine bought one that I set up for him, nice guitars. I've noticed they mount the trem too far forward in the cavity on a lot of them, the trem rubs on the front edge of the cavity and doesn't stay in tune very well. Not too hard to fix, just have to dowel up the holes where the baseplate screws in, and shift it back 1/16" and redrill the holes and put it back together.
    I just finished doing a complete setup on it, (action, intonation, etc.). I also set up the trem per the manufactures recommendations and it seems to work fine...

"...put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination, the real relation, the underlying theme."

I am reminded of a very professional review a genus did a while back...

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/s...ht=Steinburger

I still have it by the way. I keep it by the garage door to swat bears by the chicken coop. In a tuneful way.

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    I am reminded of a very professional review a genus did a while back...

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/s...ht=Steinburger

I still have it by the way. I keep it by the garage door to swat bears by the chicken coop. In a tuneful way.
    EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    I've been thinking about one of these for awhile... I finally pulled the trigger and I couldn't be happier... I really just needed a compact travel guitar that I could take everywhere, without worrying about it... At $450.00, it's a "No-brainer"... It plays great, sounds good and fits into a bus station locker... There's no reason why you couldn't play a pro-gig with this thing... PLUS, it looks cool...

That is a great guitar! I used to have the Spirit model with the Strat body. I miss that guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by jwguitar View Post
    That is a great guitar! I used to have the Spirit model with the Strat body. I miss that guitar!
    It sure is... I haven't left the house without it since it arrived...