• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

BRW assistance please?

Ben in the UK

EDIT - I've taken the "easy option" and put it up for sale as a restoration project. Passing on the responsibility to someone else. This thread can be closed.

Hi folks,

I wonder if you could help me out with some advice please?
I have a 1974 Giannini AWS680 12-string that has a heel crack and is in need of some TLC to make it a playable guitar again. I'd like to sell it (to fund electric guitar purchases) and I'm wondering what I should do?
I don't know whether to contact somebody (not sure who?) about the fact that it has a fat slab of BRW on the fingerboard that'd be more than enough for an LP restoration (poss even 2x ?) or whether I should just put it onto Reverb as a '74 project 12-string?

What I'm unsure about is the semi moral dilemma of offering it us as a donor guitar so an LP can be restored or whether I should be trying to send it somewhere where it'll be brought back to life in it's original form?

This is a genuine question as, either way, the guitar owes me very little and whatever course I choose, I'm certain it'll bring enough to fund my next purchase.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Last edited: