• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Savoy Brown - Hellbound Train -

JP'59

Kim Simmonds is playing his good old trusty V. I see a rosewood fretboard Strat too.....uuhhh...yeah...Off Your Ass,Onto Your Feet! Outta The Shade,Into The Heat! --- :dude: Rock And Roll Music

Older thread....Been loving this song since '72 in 7th grade. Been playing it a lot lately. Excellent taste SpencerD! :salude

Wanda1YN

That's really cool, man. I'm glad you found it. Savoy Brown and his song "Trip to Hell" is just great. I know all his songs by heart. It's just incredible nostalgia. As a child, I dreamed that I would definitely go to his concert when I grew up. It's a pity that I didn't have time.
It used to be not so easy to travel as it is now. Of course, now the pandemic has shaken us a little. However, in general, you can still travel and easily go to a concert by your favorite artist.
A few years ago I managed to go to a concert by the Rammstein band in Germany. Plus, I looked at the country by train. It was just an incredible experience.

Last edited:

Mustardc Caps

Buddy of mine sang for Savoy Brown in the early 80s. Ralph Morman... RIP. He also sang for the original Joe Perry Project.

tjdjr1

Morman was great on the double live album, Great guitar tones from Kim Simmonds and Barry Paul on that recording. I wish it was on CD or even better a DVD....