• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Song: “The Rains Falls Hardest At Night”

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
https://soundcloud.com/eddriscollcom/rain-falls-hardest

This was a tune I wrote to explore the Eventide H9000’s Edge/Gilmour-style DDL patches. The rhythm guitar is my 1998 Fender Nashville Telecaster through a Radial J-48 DI box (powered by a Rolls Phantom Power box, as the H9000 doesn’t have phantom power) into the H9000, and then out of a Stryman Iridium amp simulator set on its Vox AC-30-style “Chime” setting, and into my Fireface UFX+.

The lead guitar is my 2000 59RI Gibson Les Paul Historic, into the same rig, but with the Iridium in its Marshall-style “Punch” setting.

The bass guitar is a 1983 Fender P-Bass, DI-ed through the J-48 into the UFX+, and then post-processed with an H9000 bass patch.

The lead vocal was recorded via a Neumann U67 reissue into a Chandler Redd.47 pre-amp and Warm Audio WA-76 compressor. I used Eventide’s H949 plug-in on the vocal for some ADT. The vocal spins were an assortment of H9000 patches.

The drums are Toontrack’s Superior Drummer 3. The backup singers are a Reason Refill. There’s a Roland VG-88 pad in the background.

On the mix buss was Izotope’s Ozone, in its vintage tube mastering setting.

SpencerD

Dude!

That song made me happier than I already was. :peace2

So cool --- IMHO and all that --- no kidding --- I was hearing R.E.M. and Beach Boys! --- ( Yes,I know that I'm kinda fucked up!:hee ) :dude::dude::dude::dude: