• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Educate me on mid 90s j 200? Thanks

bluesroom

Hello.
Anyone know how mid 90s j200 differ from other years? Are they in general a good example of this style guitar? Did they have a nitro finish? Do they now? We’re they braced differently? How do they compare to the vintage ones? Braced differently? Are they all maple back and sides? I had a gibson acoustic from somewhere back than and it was totally dull. It had a thick finish and it just seems like it didn’t let the instrument breath.

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Many of those guitars are great. They came out of the Bozeman factory, and Ren Ferguson was running the place. His standards were very high. I don't know the exact minutiae of specs, bracing, etc. compared to other periods, but those guitars had great wood, finish, and tone to the bone!

brandtkronholm

Hello.
Anyone know how mid 90s j200 differ from other years?

I had a 1981 J200 and it was awful. I sold it in Connecticut in the mid '90s and it turned up in a year later in a guitar shop in Massachusetts. Yuck.
The '90s J200s are very nice and were more like the '30s-'50s. I have a friend who has a mid '90s J185 and it is magnificent.