• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Epiphone ES 295 GT

goldtop0

Hi fellas, have toyed with the idea of buying one of these as I play in a R'n'R Rockabilly band(all '50s tunes mostly).
There are none of these 295s in the country so need to ask one important question...........what sort of neck has it got??
I like a fat neck like I have on my '51 Tele partscaster and '13 R6 so a 295 must follow suit.
I've seen the neck described as a slim taper D shape here and there........but am wondering what that actually translates to at the 1st and 12th frets.

AA00475Bassman

I don’t know we’re the long white cloud is but there is a all gold one on reverb 1000.00 .From what little I’ve played Epiphones I would imagine slim tapper would be tiny .

goldtop0

Thanks AA for the heads up.
The Land of the Long White Cloud is NZ where I live.........and yes it is magical:wow