• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Educate me on the mid 90s j200’s?

bluesroom

Hello.
Anyone know how mid 90s j200 differ from other years? Are they in general a good example of this style guitar? Did they have a nitro finish? Do they now? We’re they braced differently? How do they compare to the vintage ones? Braced differently? Are they all maple back and sides? I had a gibson acoustic from somewhere back than and it was totally dull. It had a thick finish and it just seems like it didn’t let the instrument breath.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
You should post these questions in The Other Gibsons area, which is the correct place for this subject.
You'll likely get more responses from better informed people on the subject.
:)

zacknorton

I’ve got a 94 120 and it’s got a good neck, lots of weather checking and sounds
and plays great.

Stone

The '95 I have currently on sale here sounds very full and has maple back and sides. Neck is a bit chunkier than the 2015 I had before, but still very comfortable.
Soundwise I like it better than the newer ones, but that may be just the wood on the newer ones still not having been played as much.
I haven't played a 90s J200 I didn't like.

Last edited: