• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current state of the market?

Phatfrank

Hi guys. I am about to pull the trigger on a fantastic 1955 goldtop, but I was wondering if anyone had some useful insight on the current market. Hopefully this guitar will stay with me until I leave this world, and I am buying it to play and enjoy. Not seeing it as an investment per se, but would be ok to get a fair price if I would need to sell it at some point:).

53Goldtop

Hi guys. I am about to pull the trigger on a fantastic 1955 goldtop, but I was wondering if anyone had some useful insight on the current market. Hopefully this guitar will stay with me until I leave this world, and I am buying it to play and enjoy. Not seeing it as an investment per se, but would be ok to get a fair price if I would need to sell it at some point:).

I think you answered your own question!:2cool

Phatfrank

I think you answered your own question!:2cool

Haha, I get your point:). Hopefully the deal will be completed this week so will spend much more time enjoying the golden nugget than worrying about value:yah:yah

goldtop0

Haha, I get your point:). Hopefully the deal will be completed this week so will spend much more time enjoying the golden nugget than worrying about value:yah:yah

I take it that it's a wraptail??.............with a nice fat neck........just too good:salude

Notice how the 'Goldtop' guys reply.........we're fanatics ya know:lol

Phatfrank

I take it that it's a wraptail??.............with a nice fat neck........just too good:salude

Notice how the 'Goldtop' guys reply.........we're fanatics ya know:lol

yup, wraptail, baseball bat and all original. Deal includes a minty 1958 Tweed Deluxe so will be a good week:)

goldtop0

yup, wraptail, baseball bat and all original. Deal includes a minty 1958 Tweed Deluxe so will be a good week:)

You didn't have to say about the Deluxe as well..............I'm green with envy:lol
Mucho congratulations..........that's a jackpot if ever there was one:2cool

You're gonna have to post some pics when you get 'em.......or as they say..........it didn't happen:dude:

marfen

My 55 definitely doesn't have a baseball bat neck, quite small with a soft V. Similar to a 57 strat I held once. Handmade, hand carved, where it's at.

edwina

My ‘55 has the tune o matic bridge...beat up but
ubTGDoG.jpg

Last edited: