• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is This Wiring Job Completely Insane on 2016 Les Paul Studio?

Jason Taylor

Hi ihere's some pics of my friend's recent botched wiring job she had done on her (new to her) 2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio. I want to make sure I am not crazy for thinking its the worst wiring job I have ever seen. The tech was asked to wire with braided shielded wiring, and to use these CTS push/pull tone pots for coil split. I see the bridge has the red and black wires from the Gibson 498T reversed and soldered to the tone pot for some reason too. And no braided shielded wiring just plain pvc covered wire all around. Check out the way the tech grounded everything wow. I dont even see the green wire for the bridge volume pot either. I also cant tell if the hot lead and ground wire was reversed on one pf the pickups to prevent out of phase in middle toggle position. Am I wrong or is this pretty wrong? LOL! Thanks! 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg